Asus Oplaye Specs Are Finalised.

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Hi fellas, Asus have a very neat media streamer coming out at computex. The Oplay will do 1080p mkv files with I think passthrough for dd and ac3 sound. No specs yet on conversion of audio so will be worth a look when the specs are finalised.

Great for streaming hd stuff from your comp to your spanking mahoosif lcdtv. Also will run movies and audio etc from usb, esata. Prolly from online tv streaming services too if they are smart.

<a href="http://www.hardware.info/en-US/news/ymi ... ia_player/" target="_blank">Info....</a>
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

RRP is €119. If it is that price then I'll be amazed. Thanks for the heads up Nelly. I'll be asking for more info on this kind of thing nearer the end of the year. I'll be wanting to buy a new TV and set it up for media streaming from the PC.

Keep reading up on stuff so I can quiz you later on mate. ;)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Will do Hammer. As you know I have the HDX1000 media player/streamer running networkmediatank linux flava. Its da bomb. Head on over to NMT site and start reading.

As mentioned in my other post when the Nvidia ION GPU goes nuclear anything you can cram it in will do the same job to your telly.
Last edited by Nellyboy on Sun May 31, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Sticking with my pc dvi hdmi cable (thats not long since been built) and a crummy old xbox for proper old garbage quality :P seriously need to start thinking about a better solution and something like this looks ideal !