Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phonix

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

Went to see it yesterday and i cant beleive how disapointed i am really thought it would be better then it was.

Biggest problem for me is that i have just read all of the books and i think this is what has made the movies not as good maybe if i had read the book afterwards i would have enjoyed more dont know tbh. They miss alot of key things out which i think needed to be said so that the main point can be made in the next one.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Thats always the problem with films, they never seem to be able to stay true to the book behind them.

I never watch a film that I've already read the book of as I'm always let down. Your own imagination is always far better than any multi-million dollar film production ;)
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Myocardial Infarction wrote:
I never watch a film that I've already read the book of as I'm always let down.
The Godfather

Brilliant book and film. I read the book first.

With most books you would need a 8 hour film to cover eveything in the book. As ever I take the opposite view ;) in that I am dissapointed when a film slavishly follows the book. I read books to be immersed in the story and characters. I watch films for pure entertainment.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Fear and Loathing in las vegas, excellent film and book, although the book is better, and a very easy read.

Personally i can't really be arsed reading very much, so i'm quite looking forward to seeing the order of the pheonix.
Watched the goblet of fire the other day and was quite impressed
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

I think the problem is they missed things out of the earlier movies as they didt seem to have important then but now in this movie they have had to change things so that they can still let the characters do this without referring to something that should have been done in the last few films.

E.G in the last harry potter book when harry wins the goblet of fire or the triwizard cup he wins alot of gold galleons which he gives to The twins but it never mentions this in the movie and when we move into this one well they seem to have it without the audience been told.

Guess thats the problem when books are 600+ pages arh well
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Nichola went to see it too beev, she said the film sucked. I think the film sucks hard as well hence why ive not seen that or read the books :P
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I went to see it last night, thought it was the best one yet, very dark! How a proper wizard film should be, however my girlfriend who's read all the books didn't think much to it, said they missed out loads of stuff.