Led Screens

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Hi all,

Just going to buy a samsung N120 for light use... anyway theres a toss up between a standard LCD type screen and new fangled LED, the advantages are good, but i'm nervous it'll look crap quality wise.

So has anyone had an experience of these LED screens ?

Thanks in advance!
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

All i have read is the battery life is extended with led backlighting. I am waiting for the tecra ion type netbooks to show later on this year though. Graphics are meant to be pretty powerful with the nvidia ion that has an atom for cpu and nvidia chipset for the gpu. nvidia tecra is different because it gives cpu and gpu and lasts much longer on 3 cell battery than some that use 6 cell and again is far more powerful.
Last edited by Nellyboy on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Thanks for reply. It was my understanding it was a true led panel not backlit with them, oh well misunderstood!
I hear what you're saying but I cant be bothered waiting and for £360 they seem reasonable for what you get, going to order in the morning :)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

The reviews for the Sammy are good and well worth it Andrew as you know. Myself i am biding my time so firstly I get a netbook that I can use as well as her indoors and young Alice. The perfect one for me would have the power of nvidia tecra and also be tablet stylie with the twisty lid but that would be asking too much for my budget.

If you can Andrew give us a few piccies of it and some user experience please.

Cheers mate and good luck with it.

:gsv:
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Aye i'll post some pics of it when it arrives :) I think / hope its going to suit my needs perfectly... heres hoping
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Sorry Nelly, won't be posting pics not forseeable future, at least. Something a lot more expensive has cropped up made of bricks.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Yeh I understand Andrew. I used to have a lovely 1100cc cruiser then the wife tells me we need 3 grand pronto. The rest is history, like my love of bikes.