Ryanside's World Tour

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

As some of you may have read im off round the world! woooooooooo :hb:

Decided to go for a year, if your gonna do it then it's worth doing properly in my opinion! Not off until March 1st 2009 so have some time to save as much money as possible.

The countries on my hit-list are:

Canada
West coast of the states
Fiji
New Zeeland
Australia
Malaysia
Thailand
Cambodia
Vietnam
India

Heading away with 2 of my mates from uni, one from Zimbabwe and one from Jersey so a bit of a mix. Aiming to save 10k before i go which will be a push but its helping that my rents aren't charging me any rent whilst i save.

Ticket has been booked and that cost the small fee of £1785, which tbh is not too bad considering that is 7 flights (flying to malaysia then have 3 months to make our way to india :th: ) and a return flight to Australia is usually around £1200.

Just need to get a decent camera now, im well excited. Time to learn how to :surf: :w00t: :w00t:
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Enjoy it m8 :2t:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Lucky bast, deffo the kinda thing I wouldnt of minded doing..
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

Some friends of mine and the girlfriends are doing this and spending 3 months in the caribean so we have decided to go and join them for 2 weeks :D

Good luck ryanside
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Having just done my own bit of travelling, i think you'll honestly enjoy it!!
Thailand is incredible, make sure you're there for the full moon party on Ko Pagnang, go diving up at Ko Tao, shark island, worldly renound as one of the best dive sites in the world, i learnt to dive there :)

And while you're in New zealand, take in some snow!! you'll probably never get a chance to ski in such a great place again! it's supposed to be brilliant!

Don't discount europe, there's some excellent places to see and makes for a great start/finish to a long trip like that.

A friend of mine has just done the Ozbus trip, thought it was fantastic!

<a href="http://www.oz-bus.com/" target="_blank">http://www.oz-bus.com/</a>
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

some good tips there hips. Already have my advanced open water PADI qualification, am tempted to go for my instrutors before i leave so, we're in Oz for 6 months and gonna get a working visa so it could be handy!

am really looking forward to the south asia countrys, real difference in culture so exciting times.

Already travelled a fair bit around europe, brought a van at uni and did 3 weeks going aroudn Germany for hte world cup, also have done running of hte bulls in pampalona and after living in Gemany last year and travelling around then i have itchy feet to get out an about!!!

that oz bus looks epic! might have to look at doing something like that!!
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Are you actually planning on coming back?
Lau's bro did the round the world thing and has been in NZ for the last year :lol:
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

What trig means is 'Don't bother coming back!'

That's not very nice trig :(
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

:lol:
I save then kinda comments for you and only you so dont feel left out...
Lau's bro got to NZ and decided anywhere after there was closer to home, so he got himself a job out there...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Whats the plans for when you're over in Canada?
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

only there for 3 weeks, heading out to Vancouver so will do some of the touristy stuff for hte photos and also i think we'll be able to sneek a weeks boarding in somewhere!

They're supose to be a some amazing mountain bike trails which i really want to try out too, think it will be a jam packed few weeks. Im also open to suggestions!
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Go to Whistler in the rocky's

Take a jumper :)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Go to Niagra Falls... tell them you've been told that "it's a barrel of laughs here"... those helpful Canadians will really look after you... :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...