Sitting On Hte Phone To Virgin Media...

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

God these people are stupid.

Basically, we're having problems becuase our IP address is registered to somewhere in ireland, so these means when we tpye google.com it re-directs us to google.ie and content on bbc iplayer is not available etc.

Been on hte phone now for 20 minutes arguing with a woman in india, whos saying its a problem with the bbc website, to which i reply its not just the bbc website, im using that as an example of the problem.

Im now on hold for i dont know how long..... :angry:
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

nows shes saying she cant access the iplayer content so its a problem with the bcc, shes fecking in india!!! thast why!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

apparently there are problems with the bbc website and google now! fecking idiots...

ok anyone, if you type in google.com does anyone else get re-directed to google.ie???
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I get redirected to my personal google homepage as usual.
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

after 40 minutes of trying to pursuide me that theres a problem with google and bbc, she starts telling me that its not my router... at which point I told her she knows absolutely nothing and I hung up lol. irritating!
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

The last time I had to speak to them I had the same annoying Indian woman with no brains, so I rung again and this time selected the option for disconnections

Funny enough I got through to a perfect English speaking English person in England who sorted my problem for me quite easily.