I Am In The Seventh Level Of Hell

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Ok, First shift back after a month off looking after my wee girl while the wife was on Placement. And if that isn't bad enough for you, it's a 13 hour night shift and to make even worst I have been awake since 08:00 Monday morning. :(

Now after a Month off I have forgotten even the easiest fixes never mind all the UAR stuff that I have to do. I am really finding it hard not to fall asleep. And damn users keep phoning me with high priority issues, which most of the time are PICNIC (Problem In Chair Not In Computer) Errors. If I have an User that says the whole system is down I will hunt them down with a BFG and really hurt them.

:tank:

Anyway just thought that I would share this with you to help keep me awake a little longer.

Rasputin
Rasputin

ImageImage
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

What do you do Ras??
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Work does indeed suck the big one dont it Rasputin. My boss passed a job over the weekend that was blatently wrong. It got printed and the customer rejected it. Thats a simple fookup thats cost us thousands.

I DIDNT GET MY PROMISED PAYRISE IN JANUARY, I WONDER WHY with this sort of behaviour.
Last edited by Nellyboy on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

My boss got pulled up yesterday for both of us taking long lunches and timekeeping for the both of us :unsure:

Yeah great we get back from lunch at 3:30pm, Idiots didn't seem to get that if you don't go to lunch till 3 that your not even taking your contracted hour for lunch. Or the fact that I haven't been out of the office before 6:30 any day in the last 2 weeks :huh: :blink:

So my boss told me, in at 9 as usual, lunch at 1-2 and out at exactly 5 no if's or buts :rolleyes: so I'll get to do less hours :)

And yet their supposedly pulling people who take long times out atm, yeah long times out for anyone who they don't think should be anything but a slave to work. Yet the poxy underwriters get to come back pissed as a fart to do meetings and get on with work. Personally think that pissed during work hours when you actually have work to do should = sacked imho

GRRRRR
Last edited by Myocardial Infarction on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Stocky wrote: What do you do Ras??

I work for a International IT company and support over 30 different clients. I do simple 1st line support ( Phone Monkey) 2nd Line support, Back Office and Problem Management, On the Day shift that would be 4/5 Different Teams but on nightshift its me and my buddy.

I enjoy my work for the most part but with very little sleep or just being awake for to many hours, Users stupidity really winds me up.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Be careful, it's this time of year where they will start demoralising for the purpose of demotivational downsizing or induced natural wastage.

Makes the end of financial year figures look better and makes those that they couldn't get rid of work between 20% to 50% harder picking up the extra work load. Then they will get something like a 3% pay increase and think they got a good deal... :huh:
Last edited by Claw on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...