Media Centre Project

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I would be very surprised if GeexboX worked as well as media center.
I like the principal though
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Finally!

Well, i say that. . . . . the <a href="http://www.pinnaclesys.com/vista/vista_tv_uk.asp" target="_blank">website</a> Says it's all working with vista 32 bit.

Anyone see a linky?
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Right I'm all vista'd up but the problem still remains :(

After the initial search for channels it appeared to pick them all up, however once you select some of them it doesnt appear to work :( and I get the dreaded "No TV Signal" screen.

I'm going to try my other PC now and see if the processor power and additional Ram help if not I'm going to abandon the damn thing and go back to a freeview recorder and a divx player, never had a damn problem with that setup!!!
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I would of thought that the addition system strain of Vista would make the problem worse not better if its a RAM/CPU related issue no?
Got some spares here tho chap if u need owt..
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

I was hoping that is was just a windows problem as that was easiest step to take rather than changing hardware! If my other PC does the trick I might well call on the Trig spares emporium ;)

I think I'll have to take the plunge and change the PC over to see if that sorts it out. I think its a toss up between lack of power or the decoder card is crap!

The annoying part is that a new amp, a divx player and a freeview HD recorder would have done the trick and been the cheaper option!!!!
Last edited by Jase on Wed May 09, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah but where would be the fun in that ;)
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

You still using the pinnacle card?

I've come to the conclusion mine is ******ed after i've tried it on 3 different systems, it sometimes recognises it in the slot, sometimes doesn't, sometimes installs fine, sometimes doesn't, but always if it does install gives an error message of 'device cannot start'.
Sending it back.

I've gone back to my old tuner card but even though it scans for channels, it doesn't find any at all.

Everything else is nearly up and running well, the latest nvidia drivers, almost give a perfect picture, it's about 1cm small each side.

Jase, i used to get that problem all the time on my last setup, never did figure out why. I'm sure it's to do with the BDA drivers i was using.