Media Centre Project

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Let me know what happens, i'm going to be installing this card at the weekend, hopefully on vista mce.
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Will do. If I can't get this working I'm contemplating a Vista install to see if that helps!
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Well i will definitely be doing an install on sunday so i can let you know if it's worth it.

Although pinnacle say they're not releasing vista drivers for that card untill march.
Lucky i have my old card still.
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Hippy wrote: Well i will definitely be doing an install on sunday so i can let you know if it's worth it.

Although pinnacle say they're not releasing vista drivers for that card untill march.
Lucky i have my old card still.

I thought the card is supported in Vista however the PCTV software (not required with MCE) is what is taking till march to release???
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Where did you find that?

Pinnacle's website is rubbish, cant even see the dual pctv card listed, and doesn't help that they've called their software 'media center' either.
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

I'm not too sure where I read that, it might well have been one of the other forums (I've read them all in the past week or so) but I'm positive someone has said that windows has picked up the card and it ran from just those drivers.

The reference on the downloads page on Pinnacles website refers to the Media Centre software which is their own version of the MS Media Centre (cheap copy) which you wouldnt want to install anyway.

Oh and so far so good with mine. I've just done a basic install with minimal drivers for sound and everything else etc and then loaded the drivers from the drivers dir of the CD that came with the card. Its been about 2 hours now and rock solid :huh:
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Jase wrote: Its been rock solid about 2 hours now :huh:

Bet Jo's happy :whis:
Last edited by Eagle on Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Eagle wrote: Bet Jo's happy :whis:

LOL :lol:
Rasputin

ImageImage
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Eagle wrote: Bet Jo's happy :whis:
ROFL, thats what got us into this problem :boff:

Anyway back on track...... It's been rock solid for about 4 hours now (shut it Eagle :P ) however the only problem is that its not picking up all the channels again :( I'm getting 46 instead of the 70 odd I was getting before. I'm missing a few TV channels (E4 and a few others) and ALL of the radio channels. Is there some setting that I should check to get the radio ones?

I've updated the drivers to the ones available on the Windows Update but its still the same :( This is really beginning to P*** me off now.....
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Jase wrote: (shut it Eagle :P )

:whis:
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Well it's been rock solid all night (Eagle.... Shhhh) and was still happily showing TV all night so it works happily with just the drivers from windows update or from the CD.

I left it on Live TV all night and set 4 recordings, two of which overlapped and all appear fine.

I just need to sort out the missing channels and install the sound card software and a DVD codec thingymabob and I'm done!!!!

Will make some restore points now at every stage now!
Last edited by Jase on Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Use the nvidia one or any version of windvd, activate it at your nearest garage. ;)

Will have a search on the missing stations, but i do seem to remember there being something to do to enable it to see purely audio stations.
Are you missing any tv stations?

Have you tried 'add to existing services'? instead of a complete re-scan?
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Hippy wrote: Are you missing any tv stations?

Have you tried 'add to existing services'? instead of a complete re-scan?
Aye I'm missing E4 and the radio channels, tis strange how I had them before, gonna try all the settings tonight to see if I can get any more.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

All the info i can find just says to try 'add to existing services'
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

This card most definitely does not work with vista :(

A few BETA's are starting to appear and the one i want is due out at the start of march.

<a href="http://www.pinnaclesys.com/vista/vista_uk.asp" target="_blank">http://www.pinnaclesys.com/vista/vista_uk.asp</a>