Bit of Wind damage

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Yesterday morning after the quite strong winds (110mph+) I realised that the large sheet of roofing felt on the back lawn used to belong to my shed. Spent the afternoon on the roof patching it up in the wind and rain.

This morning I get a phone call from Jo to tell me that the wall in front of the garage has now fallen down right in front of the garage door and the rest of the wall is wobbling in the wind :(

The wall although attached to my garage forms the boundary wall to the 14 garages in the block, 6 of which belong to persons unknown :( I know it's just going to be so much easier to just repair it myself rather then even bothering to knock on doors asking people for money to help with the repirs :angry: Just at the right time of year as well :( :(
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

:(

Ridge tile from neighbours house it sitting lose on the roof half way down. tried to get it but wind was still gusting too high. They are in Tunisia for 3 months (lucky sods). Least I was nice amd moved their car out from under it :D

PS I'd remove all that b4 local chavs put it through yer windows.
Last edited by mcmav on Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

ouch, sorry to hear it :(

definately not the sorta thing you want to be doing in december on your days off.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Would the council not sort the wall out?!
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

Trig wrote: Would the council not sort the wall out?!

Not bloody likely, tis a private road with the garages on.

When I got home and looked at it more I'm beginning to wonder if it was reversed into, theres a suspect looking chunk out of the corner that I'm sure wasnt there before...... it's about 3ft up the wall right on the corner and looks just about the height of those bars on the back of trucks <_< Only trouble is the rest of the wall is now wobbly and needs removing before that falls :( :(

There goes my weekend :(
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

just break the rest down and leave it m8. by the look of that pic and the fact ive been there means i know it could only add to the dilapidated look of Plymouth :P

Class
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Aye, i'd just pull the rest down and put some temporary fencing up. Put something a bit nicer up next summer, nice local stone wall or something.

My parents live 6 miles from me, they lost all 4 garden fences and a tree, but in my garden, i didn't evel lose my bird table which is quite happily swinging from a nackered old timber arch by a piece of string.
Bronco
Advanced Member

Post by Bronco »

Hippy wrote: which is quite happily swinging from a nackered old timber arch by a piece of string.
Sounds like something Nelly does on a saturday night

(sorry Nelly i know i said i'd keep quiet about it but........)
Last edited by Bronco on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Jase I know your pain I hae the same issue, the Stone wall at my back garden has fallen down, I live in a 4-plex where my self and 1 other own the other 2 rent and no-one will help us pay for it.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Not even the landlords of those places?

Think there are mediation companies in situations like this.
Just tell them you'll sort out the work and supervise it, all they have to do is cough up.