Sea of Thieves

PC & Console gaming
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Sea of Thieves

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I've had great fun over the last few weeks or even months trying out Rare's cross platform 'act like a pirate' game.
Everything in the technical Alpha and the 'Pioneer' sessions that I'm playing at the moment is all covered by an NDA, however they dropped that for a closed Beta session they ran last week.
I was disappointed to find out that a lot of the content that was in the tech was left out, and they'd not added anything new for it, but I suppose we were generating a lot of data on stress loading the parts they knew were stable.

So I've recorded a few hours of gameplay, mainly for my daughter who loves watching this.

Shameless channel plug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YGLjp ... bX8aUTz-5A
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Re: Sea of Thieves

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Sea of Thieves has been released, however I will not be buying it just yet.

While it is a cross-platform game, MS seem to think that PC players will be willing to pay Console prices for a game.
Nigh on £50?

No thanks.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Think the idea behind it is everyone pays the same price for the same game regardless of platform...
Not that I'll be getting it anyways...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Looks like a brilliant game... loved yer vid too. There was once a mod for BF2 called Battlefield Pirates, amazing fun. :pirate:

How open open-world is it?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

the maps not huge, but big enough for 4-6 ships to dodge each other easily. Just got this feeling there's going to be be more DLC. I'm hoping they don't charge for it on top of the normal price.

It is pretty sandboxy, but the missions get a bit samey after a few hours.
It is the teamplay and camaraderie that makes this game at the moment.
Lamonica

Post by Lamonica »

Dangerous Bob wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 pm the test link maps not huge, but big enough for 4-6 ships to dodge each other easily. Just got this feeling there's going to be be more DLC. I'm hoping they don't charge for it on top of the normal price.

It is pretty sandboxy, but the missions get a bit samey after a few hours.
It is the teamplay and camaraderie that makes this game at the moment.
You're right, Bob. Sea of Thieves heavily depends on the people you play with. If they're up to shenanigans, you'll have a blast. As soon as you have no one to play with, the game starts to get really boring. At least that's how it was for me. I hope they expand it with more meaningful content.