Going on a bike ride,I may be some time!!!!

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Screwy
Advanced Member

Going on a bike ride,I may be some time!!!!

Post by Screwy »

A fellow Audax rider is doing a little bike ride next year starting on the 1st of January in an attempt to beat Tommy Godwin's distance record , he is going to have to do more than 205 miles every day :o I will be watching his progress with interest and not a little awe . Their is also some talk of an American rider attempting the record in the USA next year also so it could turn into a bit of a race :D

Paul
Trig
GSV Spammer

Re: Going on a bike ride,I may be some time!!!!

Post by Trig »

Rather do it in the states, weathers a bit better...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

And he's off their are links to the two American challengers ,Kurt Tarzan Searvogel and William IronOx Pruett on that page as well, I can only assume the USAnians are extremely confident as one is starting on the 10 of January and the other on the 4 of January whilst the UK rider is all ready 100 miles in :2t:

Paul
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

One week in and Steve has done 1293 miles :shock:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Slow start?
If he wants to crack 80k miles this year anyways...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

He's 122 miles in front compared to Tommy Godwin,s milage so far,as the weather , overall fitness and short daylight hours play a part at this time of the year.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Steve Abraham is over two thousand miles now and the American Kurt Searvogel started Sunday with a ride of 230 miles in an elapsed time of 14 hours 12 minutes :eek: though he has said that his plan is to ride 200+ miles a day for six days a week and then only ride 100 miles on the seventh day as as rest day :blink: then increase the mileage as the year progresses , He also has the advantage that he has started in Florida, so nice balmy 70f days and near flat arrow straight roads for mile after mile and not UK roads and weather , I for one wouldn't want to be trying to do 180 miles a day in the current windy conditions .

Paul
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Depends which way you are facing :lol:
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Bad news , Steve Abraham was hit from behind by a suspected drunk scooter rider Sunday morning around 08:10 am, he has two broken bones in his ankle that may require plating and pinning . Not sure if his attempt at the record is over as their has been no formal announcement just a facebook comment saying that a decision will be made by Friday . It will be a shame if this is the end of his attempt as he had managed to cover 16888 miles since January the 1st and was gradually stepping up his mileage as the days became somewhat warmer and daylight hours lengthened doing 200+ miles a day in the last couple of weeks . Kurt Searvogel the American contender is still going strong plus an ex-pat Brit living in Australia Miles Smith is going to join the fray on the 11th of April .

Paul
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Looks like he is carrying on...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Balls of steel tbh , he's going to be circulating the Milton Keynes bowl on a recumbent pedalling with one leg :blink: