Formula E

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Claw
GSV Spammer

Formula E

Post by Claw »

Was channel hopping today and noticed how different the "Formula One" cars looked. Mentioned this to the missus and she kindly explained to me that it wasn't Formula One, but Formula E. So, I asked what Formula E was and she told me they were Electric Cars.

I'm amazed that electric cars have come this far technologically that they race them. But it seemed weird to hear the commentator saying they are only allowed to use a limited amount of "power". (?)

The whole concept of this and all the strange rules have addled my brain. :wacko:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Re: Formula E

Post by Dangerous Bob »

You've always been able to race 'E' cars....
Back a few years I raced Sinclair C5's. That's a bit hairy... especially when pissed
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I actually seen one of them Bob about 11 year ago in a village near us, whilst up a ladder painting a facia board, bloke toddling along the road...... must be worth a few quid now!

edit: quick ebay reveals the nephews john deere tractor is the more premium item :mm2:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Guy here runs the RCM, friend of his has a C5, turns up at events some times along with a Delorian
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I really liked the idea of the C5 at the time, but like the majority I gave to much attention to media scare stories. There was a new media trend in the eighties that possibly took the majority of people too long to see through. The media was generally cynical about everything. The idea, im'h'o, was that if a newspaper had an opinion on anything they must know what they're talking about simply because it's a newspaper, and our expectation was that newspapers are there to tell you what's going on in the world.

So, rather than any design flaws as such, it was really the media that killed the C5. After all, there were no discussion forums, no range of tech websites offering reviews, etc.

It was a completely new concept, and we're not always that good at thinking in new ways, or being different, and so the C5 was no more.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...