Entertainment System

All things music related

Moderator: 0lderama

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

As we will have time to be watching other things on TV now, following a diabolical sporting outcome of which I'm not gonna waste any breath on, I'm looking at homebrew media centre options. I don't have any qualms about buying all-in-one setups, I've seen advantages in the past of putting together kit that suits how we watch an listen to stuff.

What have you got under your TV? Our surround sound system comprises of a Bluray player, a tired looking Philips surround sound system with a serious umph-factor, what you see, you hear and feel. But, I'd like to throw a PC/Laptop into the formula... just wondering...
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've got an old shuttle thats just been replaced by a ATV running plex from a VM on my WHSgen8 box in the livingroom and another ATV in the bedroom, nothing flashy but plex allows me to stream over the interwebs on to my phone and ipad...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

I have a Mac mini, running plex, PS3, PS4, sky tv and a Yamaha RXV775 receiver going to kef Q series speakers. Awesome set up.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I'm just doing the Home brew...