Tesla Tech

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

It's been heavily suggested that Tesla may throw its Electric Car technology Patents to the wind to speed up the technological development of electric cars.

<a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27741041" target="_blank">BBC News item.</a>

This is a huge step if it does happen. I can see it benefitting Manufacturers, Joe Public, and the emergence of new and related technologies. But if it happens too quickly it could send a tremor through the economy.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Two of the guys from our sister company are on about getting model S's, theres a test drive on the 18th I might go to with them...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

ooooo do let us know how it goes Trig!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: Two of the guys from our sister company are on about getting model S's, theres a test drive on the 18th I might go to with them...
Trig pushes ahead as they reach "Gambon corner".... :mm2: :D

Last edited by Claw on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

:D
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I know this was back in June, but how did the test go on the 18th, Trig? Are leccy cars right up there with the impresarios of motors, or are they wheezing on the 2nd floor, or are they just plain scared of heights? Metaphorically speaking... :D
Last edited by Claw on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Ian seemed very impressed with it, said it was faster than his old 550 for midrange pick up, plus where his building is there is a charge point so it'd cost him little to run given it'll do 300 miles on a charge..