Server Ram

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Which motherboard/server would take this memory, please?

Samsung 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800MHz ECC Registered CL5 240-Pin DIMM Dual Rank Memory Module Mfr P/N M393T5160QZA-CE7Q0

I was getting it for a friend from eBay described as "2x4GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800MHz." They included the part number too, which I didn't check. Turns out this is actually high-end server RAM and won't work in your typical PC. So, I'm wondering what it would run in. Paid £40 for it.... <_<

Thanks for any suggestions.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

If you're after some ram chap i might have some...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: If you're after some ram chap i might have some...
I'm looking for some DDR2 1066 2x4GB, or similar, please.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Not sure if its any use but ive had a stick laying around for a while, tbh not sure anymore what numbers mean but its:

samsung
2GB 2Rx8 PC3 - 10600E -09-11-E3
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote: Not sure if its any use but ive had a stick laying around for a while, tbh not sure anymore what numbers mean but its:

samsung
2GB 2Rx8 PC3 - 10600E -09-11-E3
The 2R indicates it's Registered RAM. Certain motherboards might be able to handle it, but not mine. I've given a friend the RAM in my system because I wasn't thorough enough in checking the RAM I got for him. (a one-off error in judgement) I started getting some kit together sometime back, and that's gone into a neighbour's system because they needed it for their working from home, it was an urgency thing.

The last three items I bought from eBay the muppets tried to sting me, so that stuff was sent back and eventually settled. Gonna ditch eBay, not because of any consistent fault with me, but because of the outright lies of the sellers.

This thread was just to identify the motherboard that the said memory would work with. I'll explain more fully about this soon. I wouldn't fish for freebies from friends, I wouldn't feel comfortable with that.

Anyway, I'm just minutes away from the closing bid on eBay for London Bridge. Those two towers are gonna look great in the garden... ;)
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Within GSV, it tends to be more of a 'reallocation of resource's rather than fishing for freebies....

;)