Streaming Services, Etc...

All things music related

Moderator: 0lderama

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Anyone here subscribed to Amazon Prime, TiVo, Netflix, or the like? Just as I dropped out of gaming I kinda dropped out of TV too. But there have been some interesting offers and enticements and I wonder if my lack of interest in TV is because I'm missing some good opportunities for watching worthwhile stuff.

For example, I heard that Netflix video quality may not be that good, etc. What would you recommend or avoid, please? :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I took netflix's free trial and didn't find it too bad.
However I found the price a bit high. Each service seems to have it's 'gems' worth watching but would cost a fortune to sign up to them all.
I'm also paying for BT's youview TV essentials package and their latest films/series etc are all pay per view.

With what's available at the Garage, not really had the urge to sign up for anything else as well...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: With what's available at the Garage, not really had the urge to sign up for anything else as well...
Yeah, there's nothing better than rummaging in the garage for good stuff. But, sometimes, you just want to kick off your Sandals, slide on yer plaid slippers, slip on yer comfy cardigan, and just flick around with the remote to see what there is.

Virgin have said we can have a TiVo Box for 49 quid, but I dunno. Decisions... can't stand the things... :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Is that a one time price? or is there a subscription attahced to that?

£50 for a posh DVR is pretty good..