Got 'em

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dunno if you've ever had one of those phone calls from 'Microsoft' telling you that, with a "Oh no, that's very bad...", your computer has notified them about issues on your computer and those warnings in your event viewer were evidence of your computer being infected with a super bad virus?

Well, they <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26818745" target="_blank">got the moron</a> behind those calls... Wouldn't mind knowing how they got him, but I'm really surprised that he wasn't locked up for 12 months.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Can't believe that there's only one firm....

And the amount they fined him is laughable...
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

The fine is too low, they obviously did not take into account the distress these people
cause the elderly and not pc literate amongst us.

They terrified my poor ol late gran to the point she phoned me up demanded I went and sorted he pc out, nothing wrong with it at all but she was on verge of paying them to install anti virus remotely. They called her several times over about five years each time they were sounding more convincing to my Gran and were getting better at frightening her.

Personally i enjoy the calls myself. I tell them i use linux, then when they ask what is linux I let rip with a torrent of abuse about there lack of computer knowledge and ask some questions that usually ends up with them hanging up on me.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The last time they called us I made them work really hard stretched the call for as long as possible, it lasted about 50 minutes, because I kept on 'mishearing' instructions and codes they wanted me type. Eventually I told them about an error message the particular website they wanted me to log into was giving... a little gem Trig once dropped onto the forums here... I told them there was an 'ID Ten T' error. They escalated me to one of their "Tech Support", and I told them about this "ID Ten T" error. They messed around a little more and I told them to write this error message down, and as Trig knows, this is what they wrote... "ID10T"

They asked me if I knew what some words they said in their own language meant, and the first person to phone me kindly translated this list of expletives and then hung up.

The behaviour of those people was cowardly, cruel, devious. It's really saddening to hear how they targeted your Grandmother Vom.
Last edited by Claw on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...