Bf4 Banned In China

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<a href="http://www.zdnet.com/battlefield-4-bann ... 000024651/" target="_blank">China don't like BF4!</a>
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Does anybody?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Having read that article, sounds like the game is purposefully inflammatory concerning China. Just imagine EA endorsing the IRA in the UK, or ETA in Spain, and so on. But, China is definitely not EA's biggest problem at the moment... this is especially so after reading the last paragraph in that article...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Since its release, the game has been plagued with major technical bugs and glitches across all platforms it runs on including Microsoft Windows and Xbox, and Sony PlayStation. Last week, a class action lawsuit was filed against EA for allegedly issuing "materially false and misleading statements highlighting the purported strength" of the game's rollout. Filed by investors who bought the company's stock, the lawsuit accused EA of violating the Securities Exchange Act 1934 and artificially inflating its stock price by making the statements<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It won't affect EA too much in the short-term, certainly not as much as it will the unfortunate being ripped-off by them. But it has evidently burned the fingers of their investors who will hopefully put their future monies into more imaginative and diversified game developers. Who knows, maybe a cross between Capture the Flag and Scrabble... you never know... :D
Last edited by Claw on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Dangerous Bob wrote: Does anybody?
Now it's fairly stable I'm enjoying it. The server I was playing on last night crashed twice. So I lost my shotgun upgrades twice! I'll persevere though :)

At the end of the day it's just a game and I can't see what China is upset about. Russia & America aren't complaining!

Still a few bugs to sort out but I think DICE are getting the message now. <_<
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

The fact that a case was bought against EA by their own share holders hopefully will put up a red flag to EA/Dice.

I'd rather them release a game 6 months after a competitor and it be bug free than them being first to the draw and the game be essentially a beta...