My BF4 is preloading now, 25GB
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Not even pre-ordered it yet...
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Im liking it so far, no lag issues, its a whole lot prettier than the beta was. HC is much better than normal mode, a lot to like :)
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah was expecting it to be prettier tbh, what are the other maps like?
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

I'll be playing from Friday afternoon and most of the weekend. Make sure you guys get on Teamspeak.
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Trig wrote: Yeah was expecting it to be prettier tbh, what are the other maps like?
There isn't a map i don't like, wasn't sure if I would like the maps with water but they are very fun, the levelution is crazy, I'm impressed :th: :2t:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Meh, well I've just had to buy a new car so will be pushing the BF3 a bit further yet, until the end of the month when its payday again :lol:
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Tried to play BF4 last night, but it looks and plays terrible compared to the beta
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Been playing the game quite a lot today, trying both the campaign mode and multiplayer.

Campaign performs ok except when autosaving and the FPS plummets!!

In Multiplayer, there seems to be a LOT of server lag, withn the dreaded rubber-banding (although I have been playing UK servers with a ping of 20 odd, so not bad by any means). Makes flying unbearable. Also, there are a few graphical glitches such as residual laser red dots on walls and stairwells from the laser sights on weapons. I have had a couple of sessions end for no apparent reason as well, which puts me off playing big ticket matches with the risk of losing a boatload of points!

The game is pretty good fun, but there is a lot of work to do to bring it up to the level of polish that BF3 currently has.
Last edited by Compo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

What did I say yesterday, its EA, as for BF3 being polished, you want me to hit you with a stick...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

LOL. I never said BF3 was perfect :blush: Anyways, I have sorted out the FPS drop in campaign when autosaving. Seems that keeping the "My Documents" folder on a spinner was proving to be a bottlekneck, put back on the users directory on C: (SSD) and no more problems. As for the rest of the issues, yeah EA suck....
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Well duuuh, the bf4 save folders in my documents you knob...
Face it, you're going to be hit by a stick...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

I moved the folder about 2 years ago and I have had no issues up to now, with many other games using that folder. I moved it away from the C: drive and changed the location of the pointer, slow writes is a new issue. Something tells me that you have a stick with my name on it, anyway :eek:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Glad you got the hint, you going Wednesday?
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Yes, will be a great opportunity, I think. Can't beat a bit of close quarters combat!!