Bf4 Open Beta In October; Bf4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

EA and DICE unveil Battlefield 4 Premium, a bundle for their upcoming military shooter sequel offering a DLC subscription, early access, and other perks. They also announce plans for a multiplayer beta in October, saying this will be open to all platforms, with three days of early access for those who pre-order the Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition or who own either Battlefield 3 Premium, Medal of Honor Warfighter Digital Deluxe, or Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition (but apparently not Battlefield 4 Premium). There is a new <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=3_xaIv7Wo1A" target="_blank">Paracel Storm multiplayer trailer</a> on the <a href="http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/08/bf ... a-premium/" target="_blank">Battlefield Blog</a> along with details on premium and the beta, saying of the latter: "DICE GM Karl-Magnus Troedsson also revealed the Battlefield 4 open beta. Available for all gamers on PC, X360, and PS4, the beta will feature the Siege of Shanghai map in the classic Battlefield Conquest mode. Battlefield 3 Premium members and those who pre-order the Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition will have access to the exclusive beta early October for three days. Following that, the open beta will kick off. This will be the perfect opportunity for everyone to Prepare 4 Battle before the October 29 launch." They also offer this trailer hyping the premium bundle. Here's a rundown on all of that along with word on Battlefield 4 Battlepacks, and the "all-new layer of persistence and an exciting element of chance" they add to the game's multiplayer progression system:

COLOGNE, Germany – Aug. 20, 2013 – DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, today announced Battlefield 4™ Premium, an exclusive membership for Battlefield™ fans that provides a wealth of new content to keep the action going all year long. Battlefield 4 Premium members will receive five themed digital expansion packs: Battlefield 4 China Rising, Battlefield 4 Second Assault, Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth and Battlefield 4 Final Stand; and will also be granted two-weeks early access* to each. With Battlefield 4 Premium, DICE will serve up weekly content and unique personalization options so players can dominate the battlefield in style.

“Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing. We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in,â€
Last edited by Hammer on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

SO who is actually getting BF4 then?

Maybe BF3 will get a bit better once all the kiddies jump ship to BF4 :)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: SO who is actually getting BF4 then?

Maybe BF3 will get a bit better once all the kiddies jump ship to BF4 :)
Think I'll go for the digital download then buy the premium pack on top of that £105 all in, I think. BF3 is all I've played for the last two years (October release) so it's not bad value at a £1 a week if it takes another 2 years to get to BF5.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

£105!?!?!?!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

To get your money's worth and the most out of the game's content you would have to live in front of your PC.

I've got a wife, family, and other human needs, as well as several Scrabble matches going on at the moment, so I'm a little too occupied for this.

It would be great if we could step back in time a little before the emphasis on stat-padding. You would think that there would be a developer out there that sees the potential of having a fun factor element to the game. I don't mean silliness, but leaving something to the imagination of the gamer.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: £105!?!?!?!
Digital Deluxe Download £55
Premium Packs £50

Battlefield 4 Premium membership includes five digital expansion packs** featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content:

Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.

Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
Priority position in server queues
New content every week
12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks
Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4

Battlefield 4 Battlepacks add an all-new layer of persistence and an exciting element of chance to the multiplayer progression system in Battlefield 4. Through the course of a player’s multiplayer career, they will receive packs containing random combinations of new camos, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and gun attachments. In addition to what players will earn in-game through normal play, Battlefield 4 Premium members will receive the 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks.

Claw wrote: I've got a wife, family, and other human needs, as well as several Scrabble matches going on at the moment, so I'm a little too occupied for this.
I have the above as well apart from Scrabble so I've a bit more free time to play BF4.
Last edited by Hammer on Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Thats a bit of a jump from what I paid on BF3 is it not, cant remember what that was now..

tbh I only get 3 nights a week max and then only for 2/3 hours..
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

I have pre-ordered BF4 (not download). I don't get much time to play BF3 at the moment but from October, hopefully my uni work will calm down a bit...! Will there be a dedicated GSV server/teamspeak channel?
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Compo wrote: I have pre-ordered BF4 (not download). I don't get much time to play BF3 at the moment but from October, hopefully my uni work will calm down a bit...! Will there be a dedicated GSV server/teamspeak channel?
We have a GSV Teamspeak channel now.
Server will depend on cost and who wants to contribute.
Trig wrote: Thats a bit of a jump from what I paid on BF3 is it not, cant remember what that was now..

tbh I only get 3 nights a week max and then only for 2/3 hours..
BF3 was £30 Premium packs in a bundle were £50 but Dice are saying we are going to get more for our money with BF4. :P
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I'll believe that when I see it....
New engine will no doubt be the excuse for bugs and more for our money just means a few more maps/weapons/vehicles I bet..
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: I'll believe that when I see it....
New engine will no doubt be the excuse for bugs and more for our money just means a few more maps/weapons/vehicles I bet..
Yes & Yes.

New software always has bugs & yes we are paying for more maps weapons etc.

The new physics in the game look good.

Ive bitten the bullet and pre ordered.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I'll follow suit as I did with BF3, if I get problems with it though its entirely your fault :)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: I'll follow suit as I did with BF3, if I get problems with it though its entirely your fault :)
No problems mate. If anything goes wrong round here it's my fault anyway. :P
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Ok, as long as we're on the same page ;)
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Im undecided at the moment,