2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Wow looking at them stats is scary.... 34k calories is a fair few mars bars. Most important question, did you have fun ? :bk:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Fuuuuuuu...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Loved it Andrew though things where touch and go at the start as I lost my rear shifter not long after setting off so instead of 20 gears to play with I ended up with two <_< I nearly packed at Thirsk , getting as far as the train station and buying a ticket for home but decided to press on and see how far I got .
Barnard Castle to Brampton via Yad Moss wasn't as bad as I thought it would be on two gears and I think I only had to get off and push twice in the whole ride , both times the same hill Terrington bank , mainly because there was an S bend at the bottom that was inches deep in mud and gravel so no chance to get any momentum up for the climb also had a big off descending to Eskdalemuir in the pouring rain as I went to wipe the rain of my glasses and promptly rode of the road and hit a hole then ejected over the bars and face planted, fortunately missing the big rocks lying around :blink:
Overall though I enjoyed nearly every minute of it :D
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

You've seen some nice places in the north east ;) I've spent a bit of time round that area when I was a young reckless idiot living in guisborough over to whitby pickering scarborough then helmsley and back up. Lots of ways to get about over that way on the minor stuff from heartbeat country right back to my folks. I still go the back way when we go shopping in York despite living literally on the A19!
I guess you've done Helmsley on the motorcycle ? It remains very popular, not advisable on a sunny day on a pushbike though imho.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

How the fap do you lose a rear shifter?
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Been to Helmsley a few times on the motorbike over the years but it's never really been fun as North Yorkshire police are very pro active on a weekend :rolleyes: Not been on the bike as of yet but wouldn't think it would be much fun as to many motorcyclists are total nobbers when it comes to over taking cyclists .

<a href="http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Sram-Apex-Shift ... 3god0QMAxA" target="_blank">One of these</a> trig you push the small lever behind the brake lever across to change gear but mine stopped working so I had to set the chain onto a gear manually and that was it , I just had the front changer to play with .
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Could of been worse then I guess...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Screwy wrote: <a href="http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Sram-Apex-Shift ... 3god0QMAxA" target="_blank">One of these</a> trig you push the small lever behind the brake lever across to change gear but mine stopped working so I had to set the chain onto a gear manually and that was it , I just had the front changer to play with .
That's a bicycle part... you did all of that on a bicycle? :blink: I thought you were an old bloke who has had heart surgery, etc... :unsure:

You and Slatz make posts here that could be lifted straight out of a Marvel comic! You're both superhuman! :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Not so much superhuman more a grumpy old tw@t that hasn't quite figured out when to stop :D
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

^^^^^what he said :)
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Claw wrote: That's a bicycle part... you did all of that on a bicycle? :blink: I thought you were an old bloke who has had heart surgery, etc... :unsure:

You and Slatz make posts here that could be lifted straight out of a Marvel comic! You're both superhuman! :D
Hoy, leave me out of this.

Well done Screwcutter.