Tweaking Windows

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Know of any good tweaks or methods that really simplifies things in Windows, or makes Windows work better?

"GodMode" folder - Create a folder on your desktop and then rename it with this using copy and paste:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Now take a peek in that folder. Not everyone's folder will be exactly the same due to different hardware and utilities installed. I was particularly impressed by the "Reliability Monitor". I've found it very practical to have this stuff all in the same place.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Someone showed me this a little while back.
Always forget it's there....
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Normally use Tune Up Utilities or Yamicsoft Windows Manager.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

These "I'll tweak it for you" apps never really stand the test of time and in my case are installed and then forgotten about, just like those Computer fairs at Bowlers where I once bought, besides some hardware I was after, a small screwdriver with built in torch thinking it was a novel idea. That screwdriver is still in its packaging at the back of the barn somewhere.

I dunno, it's a bit like bum-bags, there are people that wear 'em and those that use their pockets.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Claw wrote: These "I'll tweak it for you" apps never really stand the test of time and in my case are installed and then forgotten about, just like those Computer fairs at Bowlers where I once bought, besides some hardware I was after, a small screwdriver with built in torch thinking it was a novel idea. That screwdriver is still in its packaging at the back of the barn somewhere.

I dunno, it's a bit like bum-bags, there are people that wear 'em and those that use their pockets.
Some of those pieces of software can and will carry out some tweaks that are advised against, not because the alterations they do are particularly bad, more because if they are done incorrectly it can be difficult if not impossible to undo the damage. So used with care and common sense i would consider them to be durex class software, effing with windows without an unwanted surprise :2t:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

I'll continue to go bare back and use them :fish: