What Do I Need?

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Right Folks if Trig ever pulls his finger out and sends me my gfx (with extra brownies on the side :D ) what do I need to buy/get to get playing BF3 on our server? Is there a trial I could d/l first? Do I need certain add ons/ expansion packs? Do I need joystick? Is there certain known drivers that help with stability/game play? Anyone with a decent config they want to share? Etc etc :D
C'mon help this n00b out and you can use me as target practice :D

Thanks Folks

Class--
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Class-- wrote: Right Folks if Trig ever pulls his finger out and sends me my gfx (with extra brownies on the side :D ) what do I need to buy/get to get playing BF3 on our server? Is there a trial I could d/l first? Do I need certain add ons/ expansion packs? Do I need joystick? Is there certain known drivers that help with stability/game play? Anyone with a decent config they want to share? Etc etc :D

Thanks Folks

Class--
BF3 standard game is the the base game, most if not all are playing The Premium Package at the moment so if you want to join the gsv game I would suggest buying the Premium on top of BF3 (Bit expensive as a first buy Normal BF3 £39.99 + Premium £39.99)

Or you could buy Arma 2 Arrowhead £10 (Arma 2 Free download) and join us on the DayZ mod (Free) a few of us are playing that at the moment (Mega - Nelly - Blade - Terry - Trig - Smoop - Larry) :2t:
Last edited by Mega on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I thought the ARMA2 free version didn't work or something Terry was saying, times out or does something else..

I ended up getting it form Steam for £24.99 for ARMA2 Combined Ops or something it was called, you get arrowhead and arma2 which is what you need, then download the SIX stuff..

Make sure you have a mic tho otherwise we cant laugh at you the first time you get chased up the road by a Z :lol:
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Prices for BF3 can be found cheaper.

<a href="http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store ... 8%3a775273" target="_blank">Tescos</a> have BF3 for £21.
You can find it cheaper. £14ish, but thats for the key for a download russian copy normally.

If you want to play the new maps, you'll need BF3 premium as well.
This gives you the two existing expansions (Back to Karakland & Close Quarters) but also the to be released ones (another 3 packs)

Cheapest I've found, other than buying it out of asia, is <a href="http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc ... fil=thggps" target="_blank">Zavvi.com</a>, for £32 ish.

Both of these give free P&P.

Or you can buy the existing Xpacks on their own. They normally come as codes for the extra DLC from Origin and about £11 each.
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Trig wrote: I thought the ARMA2 free version didn't work or something Terry was saying, times out or does something else..

I ended up getting it form Steam for £24.99 for ARMA2 Combined Ops or something it was called, you get arrowhead and arma2 which is what you need, then download the SIX stuff..

Make sure you have a mic tho otherwise we cant laugh at you the first time you get chased up the road by a Z :lol:
It will work but you wont get Highest Graphic settings only Medium settings, But I only run mine on medium anyway as it good enough , I dont need to see every blade of grass or count how many bricks are on a building :2t: Just need to see the Zeds or Players.
Last edited by Mega on Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Class-- wrote: Right Folks if Trig ever pulls his finger out and sends me my gfx (with extra brownies on the side :D ) what do I need to buy/get to get playing BF3 on our server? Is there a trial I could d/l first? Do I need certain add ons/ expansion packs? Do I need joystick? Is there certain known drivers that help with stability/game play? Anyone with a decent config they want to share? Etc etc :D

Thanks Folks

Class--

Just do what you did in the old CS days Classy..... use dem Hax bro :)

..are you 'home' now bud ?
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Thanks guys I will lookk out for all that but £80 might mean not happening this month :)
Turts I'm home thanks but itchy feet and just workin in a very loww paid shop for many hours, 6 days, so I'm not totally grounded but always work in progress :D
And as for the hax omg u should see how slow and pathetic I am now :D
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Slow and pathetic eh, so about the same level as the rest of us now eh :lol: