Installing Xp (i Know, I Know But Hey Its All My Pcs Can Han

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Hi Folks,
Ok, so I have my trusty XP disc that I made with SP2 and after doing this latest install on a friends lappy and having to wait an absolute age for all the updates to download then install then reboot etc I have decided its time I updated my trusty disc to a new XP SP3 disc. Now the question is this... What else can I do to make the install more easier? Cos I'm thinking that theres so many updates after SP3 that making an SP3 disc aint gonna be much faster. Its been a while since I looked into streamlining the discs. Is it possible to d/l all the updates like a tech would do ie. Trig, Clingy and Mega :D , then whack them on the install disc along with sp3?
So help this noob out please, pretty please :D

Class--
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Whatever disk you make it's out of date when the next update comes out, but you've less to download. I presume updates for Windows XP will be getting less & less.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've got an XP iso here with sp3 on it as well as the common (at the time I made it) intel ahci drivers...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Install it of a USB drive...

Helluva lot faster than CD
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Hammer wrote: Whatever disk you make it's out of date when the next update comes out, but you've less to download. I presume updates for Windows XP will be getting less & less.
Yer thats what I'm aiming at as updating this laptop has been soo bloody timing consuming. So the plan is to make a disk as upto date as possible so I spend less time on other peoples pc's :D
Trig wrote: I've got an XP iso here with sp3 on it as well as the common (at the time I made it) intel ahci drivers...
Whats the ahci drivers for?
Dangerous Bob wrote: Install it of a USB drive...

Helluva lot faster than CD
That my friend is an excellent shout and when I work out how to collate all the updates then its a usb disk and not a cd for me :)

Class--