Phishing

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Just got this through from OpenDNS... would you be able to identify a Phishy site?
<a href="http://www.opendns.com/phishing-quiz/" target="_blank">OpenDNS Test</a>

I got 12/14... I never use, nor have I used two of the sites it describes. The two I got wrong I marked as Phishing, but actually they were secure. Rather be safe than sorry. :)
Last edited by Claw on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You're a phish-spotting ninja! You correctly identified 14out of 14sites in the OpenDNS phishing quiz.
You are skilled at spotting even the toughest phishing scams. But beware: cyber criminals are more clever than ever at creating sites that fool even the most experienced phishing detectives. Set up OpenDNS, the world's fastest-growing Internet security and DNS service, and let us take the guesswork out of identifying phishing sites. You can use OpenDNS at home or at work and be confident you're always protected, because OpenDNS automatically blocks phishing sites.

Share your results or challenge your friends:
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Pretty Easy TBH, All you need to do is pay attention to the the URL and the protocol being used.
Rasputin

ImageImage