Worlds Smallest Computer

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... sMNbGZOYvk" target="_blank">This</a> is clever. Android dual core in a usb stick, just plug it into any hdmi screen and away you go.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Codenamed Cotton Candy because its 21 gram weight is the same as a bag of the confection <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well i can think of somthing else that i would call cotton candy :P

That ultra small unit is suposed to be able to run doom3 when its running on linux :2t:

Impressive but i dont think i would rush out and buy one.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Ok, meybe a little hi-end. How about the <a href="http://www.raspberrypi.org/faqs" target="_blank">Raspberry Pi</a> then. I want to mess around with one just for fun.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

They may have a future in identity or financial transactions, and eventually entertainment. Perhaps they will eventually get these things to run in parallel with like for like kit.We could be looking at the Playstation 5 here...
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Vomit wrote: That ultra small unit is suposed to be able to run doom3 when its running on linux :2t:
Not sure what you were trying to say, but ID software did release Doom 3 on Linux, in fact they are one of the Game Houses that release most of their games on linux.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Rasputin wrote: Not sure what you were trying to say, but ID software did release Doom 3 on Linux, in fact they are one of the Game Houses that release most of their games on linux.

I am saying they DID demo a prototype of that tiny little pc running doom 3 on linux, when you consider
the physical size of the components for the recommended pc minimum specs that makes the little fella
look very special.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

<a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16316439" target="_blank">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16316439</a>

more news on the littel fella's progress.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I see that gadget is getting android 4.0 soon. Goody.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The whole point of this kit is to inspire creativity, to get people to use their imagination regardless as to what operating system it is running. I think this is a very good step forward, and should help any kids (and adults) that haven't already had their brains melted by E's, Ipods, and PC/console games, to use them for something constructive. Many adults just won't be able to see the point in these things because they will look like hard work, but this kit will hopefully follow the route of other trends and become something cool to do.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

They have been demoing a 14mp camera for the raspberry thing as well so could be useful for CCTV and a host of other things.