Before Photoshop

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<a href="http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blo ... ped-scenes" target="_blank">Non Photoshop pictures</a>
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

wierd.... especially the bacon one...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I'm not having that... some, if not all have been edited to some degree. How did they achieve the one were the city is blue and the cats green?

How can we ever really say for certain that none have been photochopped? Each one of those photo's was taken at a period of time when very proficient art packages where available to the computers of the day. I wrote one myself for my needs in what we then called editing 'digitized' images.

[gripe]
That kinda art isn't my cuppa tea, anyway. Reminds me of the time we went into the Tate Gallery in London. There was a huge room with nothing in there except a shelf, and on the shelf was a row of 90 minute audio cassettes and an old cassette player. There was a whooshing sound coming from the cassette player, and on the cassette case in print handwriting it was written, "Wind on [some hill's name]". Yes, all of those recordings where of the different wind noises you would find on different hills throughout the country.
[/gripe]

:)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Some mad pictures on there. I'm no art man, photochop or no photochop most of it goes over my tiny mind anyway so I don't really care too much whether its been fettled or not. Something's either look good or they don't.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I think you can achieve the effect with coloured filters and some trick with choosing a colour that looks grren through the filter?

And I agree, not sure it's my type of art.
Saw a similar glass shelf in the Tate with a glass of water on it but called the 'Oak Tree'.
Had the missus and I pissing ourselves for ages.

Just as well the next piece was a urinal stood in the middel of the room... :drib:

Again, not what I'd call art, or even clever.
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The filter aspect is feasible. But in a picture further up the same green cats are used in another colour scheme.

The best part of the Tate was outside. There were three guys selling items. I didn't pay any attention to the guys until I looked at the items the middle guy was selling. They were postcards... the picure on the postcard was of a black man with his hair tied in a weird way... I was surprised an puzzled, because I didn't recognise him as anyone famous. I looked up to ask the guy selling them who this was, and guess who it was? This guy was selling pictures of himself, with exactly the same hairstyle and facial expression. I had to do a double-take before it dawned on me, and I just laughed. The guy broke his expression with a grin.

Art is a difficult thing to define, and each to his own. I like the kind of thing that has depth and feeds the imagination, or has a feel-good factor about it. A windy room, or a glass of water posing as a tree just doesn't cut it for me at all. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...