Black Screen On Map Change?

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Do you get a Blue flashing square in the bottom right of your screen when this black screen appears? If you do its down to the way the server is configured or if a server admin screws up server seeding. Done this myself :help:

Basically what happens is if you play a map like TDM with 24 people then the server admin forgets to raise the player count to 32 at the end of the round before switching to a Rush map with 32 players. 24 people will be able to connect fine and the other 8 get a black screen with flashing blue square.
The server starts a new round with whatever player limit was set at the end of the previous round annoyingly.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sound familiar to anyone?
Possible fix?
smoop
Advanced Member

Post by smoop »

hasn't it been happening with less than 10 people on though?

Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

If memory serves, it's just John it happens to?
Rasputin

ImageImage
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

I always get a black screen between map changes with a blue box in the bottom right of the screen during map changes. I thought this was normal. I'll have to try and video it to see if it's the same as what john gets. What does everybody else get?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah I get the box, doesnt last long tho as ssd's load faster
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

My Screen is just Black NO flashing box in bottom right. If I get the flashing box then the map will load but most of the time when map changes I get a solid Black screen with just my mouse cuser on it that I can move around. When this happens I have to Ctrl Alt Del bring up task manager quite the BF3 app then go back in to Origin and rejoin the server :( Done what it said of the beginin of this thread Changing the text file and setting up monitor as No1 etc but still not working <_<
Last edited by Mega on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Wonder if it coould be something running in the background, perhaps something scheduled such as antivirus, or Messenger, etc. Or, something asking for Admin permission?

Try ALT TAB. (If you have a calculator button on your keyboard hit that first, it gives W7 something to alternate with in the event it is just an alert window popping up.)
Last edited by Claw on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...