Hard Drive Teardown

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiy_eHdj8kg" target="_blank">How it works.</a>
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Nice find Nelly, well presented article.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Many years ago I received a disc from AOL. A typo in the instructions on the back of the sleeve telling the user to, "insert the disc in your hard drive", led to a very mischievous phone call to AOL customer services. I phoned them and spoke to one of their techie guys... I explained, " I managed to open my hard drive, but there is already a disc in there and I'm struggling to take it out, is there an easy way of doing this?"

He said, "Your hard drive? I know what you mean, I think you are referring to your CD Drive, what is the problem you are experiencing?"

Me, "No, my CD Drive is still in, but the instructions told me to put this disc in my hard drive, and I don't know how to get it in."

Him, "What instructions are you using?"

Me, "It tells me to do this on the AOL disc cover, it says, 'Insert the disk in your hard drive'. It took ages to take the drive out and take its lid off, and now I've done it there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put it."

Him, "You've taken the hard drive out of your computer?"

Me, "Yes."

...etc...

It became a long drawn out conversation, but I had a good laugh about it. I even recorded it. In the end I told him I was just winding him up. :D

I'm sorry if I've told that story before, I've got to tell it whenever anyone want to talk about hard drives. I think they call it Nerd Humour.... :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Haha brilliant