Readyboost

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Have any of you used W7's ReadyBoost facility? How would you rate it? In theory it sounds interesting. I've just found that I have a spare 2GB SD Card lying around and thought I'd give it a go. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Never tried it, not really any use for me tbh
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Come on, it cannot possibly work. Pendrives are painfully slow at all times. It might benefit very slow systems but not anything we have.
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Tried it with a super fast 4gb stick, made no noticeable difference.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Nellyboy wrote: Come on, it cannot possibly work. Pendrives are painfully slow at all times. It might benefit very slow systems but not anything we have.
Well, the idea behind it, and it's design, is really quite amazing for plain ol' MS. I asked here first just in case some had found it helpful/useful. Also, often when MS feel they have a good idea.... that idea is not always so easy to undo afterwards, or it leaves scars. :D

Even though its usefulness in high-end systems is questionable, as said its design is intriguing. It differentiates between the volume of data and patterns of data usage.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Try it, you can just remove the usb stick from Readyboost and then wipe any files if any left behind. Takes seconds.