Wish Me Luck

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

I'm too tight to buy two pairs of goggles. You can see through shaded ones on dull days, but clear ones are murder if the sun is out.

Follow this link and there are a couple of photos. I was entrant number 2009.

<a href="http://www.greatswim.org/photos/photos. ... ord%20Swim" target="_blank">http://www.greatswim.org/photos/photos. ... %20Swim</a>

Next challenges already entered

Great North Swim 1 Mile in Windermere
Great North Run Half Marathon escaping from scumcastle

Thinking about the Strathclyde swim in September (3km) outdoors.
Last edited by Slatz on Tue May 17, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz, I honestly expected to see someone in their 20's, maybe 30's... this can't be something you've only just started doing... you must have a background in this kind of thing going back years.

Please keep us updated with your expeditions and exploits... you're an inspiration. :2t:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Claw wrote: Slatz, I honestly expected to see someone in their 20's, maybe 30's...

What do you mean? I'm only 24. (In my head, I don't want to grow up)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: What do you mean? I'm only 24. (In my head, I don't want to grow up)
Well, hopefully I justified where I thought I had gone wrong in a later sentence. You appear to be in your 50's, but appearances aren't everything. The average gent in his 50's would not be able to do what your are doing - but you are able because you have kept yourself in shape. The numbers matter far less the better we look after ourselves, and so what you look, doesn't have much bearing on how you feel.

Many books you can judge by their cover, but some you can't, and you're the exception. Our bodies physically mature around age 30, and by this time many have wrecked their bodies, or they give up, or things beyond their control just happen. Inside though, that's where the difference is, and that's where you are.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwS66EBUcY" target="_blank">Dedicated to Slatz!</a>
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Nearly correct, I'm 48, but whisper it please.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: Nearly correct, I'm 48, but whisper it please.
Well, if there is just one thing you're rubbish at, it's driving tanks in BC2... :P
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

<!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->48?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Thu May 19, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

What was that you said Bob?
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

think he said <!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->48<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Great North Swim yesterday in Windermere. 1 minute 8 Seconds faster than Salford.

Life in the old dog yet. :-)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The swimmer ahead of you... was she pretty? ;)

Well done Slatz... let me know when you're doing it next and I'll join you. :th:
Last edited by Claw on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

<!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->OLD FART <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

:whis:

Well done Uncle... you get my vote bud :fish:
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Next one is Great Scottish Swim, Strathclyde end September 2km.

Weekend after I do the Great North Run

I'll be sharing my Just Giving link for the GNR.

Splitting my sponsorship between Help for Heroes and the Baby Refuge in South Africa we adopted our son from.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Just think you will have swam in so much of the lakes and bodies of water in this country we'll all have a bit of your DNA floating through us! :D

When I asked if the swimmer in front of you was pretty it was to imply that is why you arrived sooner this time - just being silly, sorry.

All the best, and your giving to the needs in Africa is admirable. Enjoy your self! :2t:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Claw wrote: Just think you will have swam in so much of the lakes and bodies of water in this country we'll all have a bit of your DNA floating through us! :D
Suddenly I feel a bit ill :huh: