Verdict?

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Thanks for adjusting the server OGF1... :2t:

It was a great idea Mega, what does everyone else think about the new server setting?

There are other really large maps that lend themselves quite well to those settings, one is Atacama Desert, and I can't think of the name of the other(s).
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I don't really like hardcore servers ( never have )

Also having only just come back into the game after a long break makes it hard to play well on hardcore.

The map "Heavy Metal" is ok but it seems that flags "A" and "C" are pretty much redundant as most of the action is contained around holding "B"

This negates the whole point of having a large map

Other than that it has brought a few players in.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I dont likent having my crosshair or the minimap thing, makes it hard to paint people especially those sniper types that you can see, but others cant, then when you tell your team where they are over TS Nelly, erm, I mean the sniper runs off in a different direction :lol:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Silent but deadly, like a good fart :2t:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: I dont likent having my crosshair or the minimap thing, makes it hard to paint people especially those sniper types that you can see, but others cant, then when you tell your team where they are over TS Nelly, erm, I mean the sniper runs off in a different direction :lol:
Just tell 'im there's a clown hiding in the bushes behind him... the thought of a 1000 points added to his Tesco club card may just distract him long enough for someone to get 'im... :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

:lol:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: I don't really like hardcore servers ( never have )

Also having only just come back into the game after a long break makes it hard to play well on hardcore.

The map "Heavy Metal" is ok but it seems that flags "A" and "C" are pretty much redundant as most of the action is contained around holding "B"

This negates the whole point of having a large map
Other than that it has brought a few players in.
What you're saying about the B syndrome is definitely true when their are only a few players on. I think it becomes more of a battle courtesy thing... if the opposing team wanted they could just scoot from one flag to the other, and while there aren't enough players on the game becomes a silly run-around. So, instead of allowing this the teams naturally focus their attack on an area of mutual interest, just to keep the game interesting.

When there are a lot of players on with these settings, you enter an entirely different ball game. You can play so much more strategically. If the mini-map spotting was on, all the enemy would need to do is light 'em up... there would be nowhere to hide, no real way of sneaking around, so to speak.

While we have so few players on it might be practical to keep it as it was before - I really don't think we'll ever get full numbers again. When we get BF3, we will have to get that right first time around, possibly by learning from other servers and sticking to the GSV Fun Not Frags policy - no stat-padding.

imho... :gsv:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Think we should ahve more than one map tho tbh, the 1000 ticket thing is about right tho..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

What do you about adding Atacama Desert? There's also another one, but I don't remember it's name.