Bsg Online

PC & Console gaming
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Quite a while back, there was rumours of a Battlestar Galactica mod of Homeworld 2.

Not sure if this is made by the same guys, but looks good and pretty true to the series.

<a href="http://en.battlestar-galactica.bigpoint.com" target="_blank">http://en.battlestar-galactica.bigpoint.com</a>

I'm signed up as DanglyBob, Cylon on the Tauron server.
Not played it enough to make an serious opinion.
Being browser based is bound to have a downside, but not found much at the mo, even only playing on the laptop.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Great find Bob!

Signed up to the same system as GSVClaw.

My son and I are having a great time with TDU2 at the mo. I don't get on that as much as I would like to, so I don't know how often I'd be seen on BSG.

Like you say, it is browser based, but that doesn't take a lot, if anything, away from it. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Signed up aswell
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Is this single player or something different. All I'm coming across at the moment are bots... :(
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Not sure,

I've done a bit of mining, but I can't do anything on the laptop with others on the screen, battle etc as it all staggers too much.
Even with the gfx turned right down. Not sure if it's GFX or lag mind you.

There is quite a big german following, the forums are quite busy.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Definately not all bots, I'm now level 9 with a heavy raider. Working my way up to 65k cubits to get a new ship at level 10 but it's a bit of a slog.

What systems have you lot been working?

What are your in game names?
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Same system, Madman045 is my ingame name

Managed to switch from the small one to the bigger ship, was that due to the mission?
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Well I managed to get insta popped by a large human ship tonight

think i'll stick to mission running, however i just seem to get mining ones at the moment and it takes ages...

Edit:

Anyone know if you can skip a mission? Im stuck on one i cant get passed, mining mission where by you have to kill three drone ships, i just get taken apart so quickly
Last edited by madman045 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

got stuck like that on one of the very first missions.

Got around it by trying to pick off one drone quick, then legging it away full boost to recover a bit.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Anyone still playing this? it seems they've swapped me to another server (Virgon) and I had to restart.
Not too fussed as now I've an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing, its easier.

I seem to have sorted out the staggering,still on the laptop and it's as smooth as 99% of the time.

Still seems to be mainly foreigners on there and english is sometime a little sparse.

EDIT: Looks like I probably mistakenly swapped myself to a different server, but Tauron is down at the mo anyway, so can't get back on there.
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've decided to watch the series from the beginning... missed too many of them to follow the story... you never know I may very well be inspired as of next month.