Windows 7 Sp1 Warning...

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

It just duffed up my desktop... :(

If Microsoft could blow raspberries with text, they would look exactly like this:

Fatal error C0000034 applying update operation 233 of 70194 (_00000...) <_<

I'm dual booting with Ubuntu, so I haven't lost anything, it's just the bind of having to reinstall.

Anyone else up for a round of Russian Roulette with Microsoft? Let us know how you fare... if you dare... :ph34r:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Barge pole springs to mind. I am going to leave it for a while, let them iron out the kinks. What you reckon? 2 years?
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Installed here no problems, not tried Allies yet though :S
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

this W7's SP1 rather than XP?
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I assumed it was for Win7.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Works fine here..
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Going to rebuild my works laptop with SP1 integrated and rebuild my PC from Vista to 7.

What AV do you have installed, do you have any firewall software installed?

Usually best to disable them or sometimes uninstall them for a service pack update
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Yeah, it's W7 first service pack, I think the XP service packs are up there with the Rocky films. :D

My Desktop system is really rather plain, I use Avast, the free version and W7's own firewall. A good number of people have had this problem but it seems it's still in it's early days as there is nothing by way of a solution out there. I only use Windows for what I can't do in Ubuntu, and the occasional gaming.

If any want to be ultra sensitive about upgrading to SP1, they may also want to make sure their BIOS is updated, as well as what Madders suggests. This said, because of the diversity of systems out there, I suppose some will go belly-up as did mine. :rolleyes:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

I wonder if it has anything to do with you dual booting Ubuntu? Fully acknowledge it shouldn't have any effect on it but you never know?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Legthigh wrote: I wonder if it has anything to do with you dual booting Ubuntu? Fully acknowledge it shouldn't have any effect on it but you never know?
That's another possibility!

All fixed now though, I didn't need to reinstall after all. <a href="http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... 82682ea8e/" target="_blank">This thread</a> held all the solutions... if you know anyone that suffers this MS Malady, have them look here - it's especially the post by a user named "thiswoot". :2t:
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

It's screwed one of my older PCs
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

My little netbook runs windows 7 starter, this thread just jogged my memory so I checked the updates list (33 important, 18 optional). Should SP1 not be listed or does it not apply to starter?
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I think it will only show up on the starter edition when the other updates are installed.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Thanks Nelly, will give it a shot at the weekend, will be able to leave it running.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Clingy wrote: It's screwed one of my older PCs
If you don't want to bother reinstalling (I do all I can to avoid reinstalls) then try the process I mentioned in my post. It's a lot simpler than it reads... and I say that not suggesting something would be too complicated for you, but in the sense that, personally I really like to avoid big lists of instructions. :D