New Maps Teaser?

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Some pics and sounds like Dice might be giving us some new maps for BFBC2. Hope so :2t: <a href="http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/" target="_blank">http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/</a>
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

A a guess its <a href="http://battlefield.play4free.com/beta.php#signup" target="_blank">Play4Free</a>

Post <a href="index.php?showtopic=3557" target="_blank">here</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Terrence29 wrote: Some pics and sounds like Dice might be giving us some new maps for BFBC2. Hope so :2t: <a href="http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/" target="_blank">http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/</a>
Some new "new" maps would be great, even if they are just an opening up of the maps we already have. After all, some of the bits you can see but can't get to must be there for a reason.

Great find T' :2t:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I like the game, its longevity is working for me with trying to get all my weapons to platinum. Lol it pisses Hammer off getting shot by an uzi at 100 mtrs.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Yep you were right Terrence, new maps indeed.

New Bad Company 2 Map Plans

The<a href="http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... any-2.aspx" target="_blank"> Battlefield Blog</a> has details on four new (remastered) maps that are on the way to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 though the upcoming release of VIP Map Pack #7 for the military shooter sequel, following hot on the discovery of Oasis and Harvest Day running on a test server. They offer a Q&A with level designer Cristian Pavel on the process of reworking Bad Company 1 maps, and the following overview of their plans: "VIP Map Pack 7 is all about listening to the community. When we ask for your favorite maps from Battlefield: Bad Company, Oasis and Harvest Day always come out on top. We are happy to announce that in VIP Map Pack 7, these two much-loved maps have been reworked for Battlefield : Bad Company 2. This means full Destruction 2.0 (buildings collapsing and micro destruction), enhanced graphics and lighting, and remastered ambient sounds and backgrounds. Below is a full brief of what's included in VIP Map Pack 7:"

Map 1: Oasis
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 2: Harvest Day
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company multiplayer
Game modes: Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 3: Cold War
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch

Map 4: Heavy Metal
Origin: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 singleplayer
Game modes: Conquest, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Just read that too Hammer. Thats great. I like the game a lot but I am ready for some new maps :2t: And the best part is that they are free :hb:
Last edited by Terry on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Arrrrrggghhhh!!!!! This is torture!!!!! :o

All these goodies they're bringing out and I can't play with them yet!!! Honestly... if anyone starts talking about how good they are... I'll, I'll... I'll probably cause myself an injury... :(

The way they're keeping this game alive is brilliant. :w00t:

One question though, it says there are four maps, but two seem to be for single player, yet talk about being Squad Deathmatch, and Rush, etc.... what's going on there then? :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Claw wrote: Arrrrrggghhhh!!!!! This is torture!!!!! :o

All these goodies they're bringing out and I can't play with them yet!!! Honestly... if anyone starts talking about how good they are... I'll, I'll... I'll probably cause myself an injury... :(

The way they're keeping this game alive is brilliant. :w00t:

One question though, it says there are four maps, but two seem to be for single player, yet talk about being Squad Deathmatch, and Rush, etc.... what's going on there then? :unsure:
That is just the original source of the map Claw. The first 2 maps are from the original Bad Company. That game never made it to pc. The other 2 maps are from the singleplayer campaign in BC2, they made them into multiplayer maps is all . :2t:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Terrence29 wrote: That is just the original source of the map Claw. The first 2 maps are from the original Bad Company. That game never made it to pc. The other 2 maps are from the singleplayer campaign in BC2, they made them into multiplayer maps is all . :2t:
Terry, are all people in Florida as genius as you? :)
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Claw wrote: Terry, are all people in Florida as genius as you? :)
LOL, I have been called a lot of things before Claw, genius not so often :w00t:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer, any mention as to when they'll be releasing this big bag of goodies? :w00t: