Sooooo... Bc2...

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

Is it worth getting? I'm finding more time to play games now that the young un is getting a bit more settled of an evening, and I'm playing a LOT of CoD W@W, particularly on the 10th Mtn Division server and I was just wondering if it was worth spending some hard, hard earned on a new game...

Convince me, people :)

(oh and hi!)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Tumble wrote: Is it worth getting? I'm finding more time to play games now that the young un is getting a bit more settled of an evening, and I'm playing a LOT of CoD W@W, particularly on the 10th Mtn Division server and I was just wondering if it was worth spending some hard, hard earned on a new game...

Convince me, people :)

(oh and hi!)
If you like CoD then you will love BC2... in fact the only thing that will disappoint you is that you bothered playing CoD when you could have been playing BC2. ;)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

Fair enough I suppose... where's the best place to summon it from these days?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

In addition to what I've said above, we also have our own BC2 server.

Amazon do 'em:

<a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... prefix=bad" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... fix=bad</a>

Play do 'em too:

<a href="http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchs ... chsource=0" target="_blank">http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchs ... ource=0</a>

You may also be able to get a good deal from your local PC/Console 'Games' shop.

:gsv:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Big_Bushy_beard

Post by Big_Bushy_beard »

Hi all.
Tumble, BC2 is great! I come from a COD background and love this. Not being able to go prone is a little wierd but you get over it.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Welcome to the forums Big_Bushy_Beard.

I'm not missing the lack of prone function in BFBC2, in fact it's a Godsend! I can remember all those BF2 players who used to dolphin dive and ruined the game. Imagine how hard it would be to kill a prone recon class in BFBC2 with the kill cam off.

One of the problems we have now is programmable keyboards, there was a guy on our server with a M16 on full auto. I just can't understand these losers who have to do anything to gain an unfair advantage in the game. Just play the game as it's meant to be played.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hey Bushy m8, good to see you! :2t:

When we're talking Bushy Beard, are we talking Bushy Beard as in William Shakespeare, or Bushy Beard as in ZZTop, or Bushy Beard as in Cousin Itt? :D
Big_Bushy_beard

Ooh I love a good thread hijack. Sorry Tumble.

The name is a Hot Fuzz reference. I do have a beard every now and then, nothing exciting though. Usually untill the girlfriend starts complaining about it!

I'm still finding it hard not going prone. Been playing COD since it 1st came out and love to pitch a tent and camp out in maps. NVM! Loving BC2 and nice server chaps & chappettes(?)!!

Oh and it would appear that I need to return the favour on some members that got my dogtags!!
Last edited by Big_Bushy_beard on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Big_Bushy_Beard wrote: The name is a Hot Fuzz reference. I do have a beard every now and then, nothing exciting though. Usually untill the girlfriend starts complaining about it!
Hot Fuzz? Is that a band or a film? Mejulie caused some confusion that way too... for ages some thought he was a she... :whis:
Big_Bushy_Beard wrote: I'm still finding it hard not going prone. Been playing COD since it 1st came out and love to pitch a tent and camp out in maps. NVM! Loving BC2 and nice server chaps & chappettes(?)!!
Chappettes? Mejulie can explain that... :D

Glad you like the server, it's people like you that contribute to the fun. It's always good to see you on m8. :th:
Big_Bushy_Beard wrote: Oh and it would appear that I need to return the favour on some members that got my dogtags!!
Yeah... I can imagine who has visited you with their flashing blade recently, but I'm not sure if you're on my trophy list yet. I think everyone who owns a copy of BC2 has got Megazones tags though... :lol:
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

No problem at all with the thread hijack (although I will come after you with a trout when I buy the game). I'm just waiting for a cheque to clear and I'll get me grubby mitts on it. One question though.. when I start playing on the server, does that make me the teaboy AGAIN?
Big_Bushy_beard

Skimmed Milk & 2 sugars please.

<a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/" target="_blank">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/</a>

Great film with Simon Pegg
Last edited by Big_Bushy_beard on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.