Hardcore

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Played some Hardcore BFBC2 with some of the old folk last night... Mega, Nelly, & Hammer.

I think my feeling on it is that I'm glad we're content with a medium-core server. If I was an ultra-elite player I can see where the pleasure would come from in Hardcore. But, in saying that it was my first HC game in a while and I may have been playing it with the same outlook as I do with the MC settings on our server. For example, a mad dash for the MCOM may earn you a few rounds in the back in MC, but you would recuperate soon after. In HC a couple of rounds and you're down, and if your splotted by a sniper that's it.

Whether you're a GSV member or not, what are your views on this? :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Prefer the way our server is set up. Mini map to highlight spot enemies. Makes it more of a team game. Hardcore just seems like Rambo mode to me.
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I played for about 5 minutes on the server that John and Nelly were on.

I then left. Can't and won't play on Hardcore, just don't like it at all.

Our server was empty so I went and played CSS as it was match practice night anyway.

If hardcore is the way that GSV want to go then at least I still have CSS to play.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I did like it yes but its not the way forward for us because it is too focused. Our server is setup correctly as I see it, it was just empty so we jumped on a random i think.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

So, would our server be described as medium-core according to the new classifications that are due out with the new yet-to-be-seen patches?

I'm happy with the way our server is too. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...