Patch Out

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Removed server from fav's did a search and found it this time. Added.

Last time I had a problem with a patch firewall wasn't playing fair. I've just changed it and it's working now.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Got to say that the weapon thing that they have done has almost killed the game for me. It is taking 3-4 stabs to kill people and the guns just don't feel like they should. :(
Rasputin

ImageImage
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Rasputin wrote: Got to say that the weapon thing that they have done has almost killed the game for me. It is taking 3-4 stabs to kill people and the guns just don't feel like they should. :(
That's how I feel after the patch. Must be working for other people though as I seem to die a lot more now. Maybe it's just my style of play. You can put half a clip into someone from 20 feet and still die from 2 pistol rounds. The 40mm nade spam has reduced though in my opinion.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Well, the way some people were playing was farcical and reminiscent of a cheesy CoD game. For some it became all about the stat's, whereas for me the emphasis of team play, and importantly strategy, has been put squarely back onto the table again.

I'm really glad they've made the knife kills harder. The weapons change has been for the better because it means people are having to re-evaluate their game-plan - it has got to be more measured. Some of the knife rampages you hear of made the game sound silly.

They've made the game more intelligent, imho.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...