Slatz?

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Are you up and running now Slatz? :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Sort of.

Replaced router Netgear DGN1000

New MB and Radeon HD5770 sitting in the box waiting for Mrs S to go out so she doesn't see my sneaky upgrade.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Lol, same here. As long as the wife sees the same case I am safe to fiddle with the internals. To be honest the side of the case is more off than on cos I love to fiddle with it.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: New MB and Radeon HD5770 sitting in the box waiting for Mrs S to go out so she doesn't see my sneaky upgrade.
I'm gonna have to carry out a similar covert operation myself sometime soon. Some people out there think it's the games that give us the adrenalin rush... the being on the virtual edge... far from it, it's the being on that thin line of life and death with having to keep up with the hardware without the missus noticing the re-mortgage... :ph34r:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

New bits now installed.

Runs much smoother, I get ping reports and lag seems better.

Now just talking to ISP about their "fastpath" service which is supposed to provide improved gamer pings.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Right, so you've got all the kit now... so where is you Mr. Slatz? :unsure:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Claw wrote: Right, so you've got all the kit now... so where is you Mr. Slatz? :unsure:
Maybe the missus found out about the hardware purchases?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: Maybe the missus found out about the hardware purchases?
Well I bought the missus a Wii fitness kit and kaboodle to go some way to appeasement... it's supposed to be arriving today with my graphics card. But after giving it some thought (as we usually do... after the fact...) I wonder if I've done that fatal bloke thing of appearing to suggest she needs to "get fit" for some reason... :blink:

So, I may nip into town and buy her a nice slim dress... which of course is going to be a major operation of sub-dignity and ingratiation in itself... man... they need shoes with those things don't they?

...our wives must be thrilled when us hubbys engage in these covert upgrade operations... what makes us blokes feel so clever afterwards, are we really the winners here? :unsure:
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Dood your digging a hole.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Thane wrote: Dood your digging a hole.
Don't worry... I wrote that as she was stood next to me... we were going to look for some stuff on eBay once I had finished here. There's always that kind of banter between us. Because of the sweet thing she is I always let her win, and never because she clouts hard... :D
Richie
GSV Regular

Post by Richie »

pffft...

Next time you look in the mirror, check for thumbprints on the forehead :P
Life - Its the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Richie wrote: pffft...

Next time you look in the mirror, check for thumbprints on the forehead :P
After the first two decades it becomes knuckle-prints... :ph34r:
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Been off sunning myself in La Palma.

Back now, so your stats will all improve as I adopt my traditional role of Target.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: Been off sunning myself in La Palma.

Back now, so your stats will all improve as I adopt my traditional role of Target.
Welcome home, hope yer all had a good time! :D

As to being back for BC2, please don't move around so much... last time I think I only got 9/10 headshots, so I hope you can appreciate my frustration... :P

(9/10 Headshots... I wish!!)
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

I've had 6 headshots, all kills in a row :P