For Anyone Interested

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Man... these hints are getting painful...

I've got a TS Server, never been used... in fact it might take me a day to sort it out, finding passwords, etc. It was for family bashes, but nothing got arranged.

The last time I looked it was really complicated. Well, it's seems complicated... I'm on painkillers and I just can't think that sharply these days and it's really frustrating.

I'll have a look at it later. I don't remember whether it's eight or ten seats.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

If you need any help give us a shout
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I was on a server this evening and as the map loads up you can see what things are enabled ie ff, minimap, etc and it definately said PB was on but I was playing on it for ages with no problems. (apart from a 150 ping)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"The Battlefield Blog has a follow-up on the promised server fixes for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which are now in place, saying: "After optimizations and restarts yesterday, we had been stable across all platforms," until they had an outage across all three platforms. Things are up and running again, and they describe their efforts at tracking down what happened like this: "All teams are actively engaged in diagnosis and remediation. We are adding additional services to alleviate load. Despite having a major infrastructure in place, the peak traffic this weekend has been huge, 400% higher than any other Battlefield's peak simultaneous users. The teams will continue to monitor the services closely. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will provide further updates on the latest developments as they are relevant." <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You would have thought they would have some idea of how many units had sold!

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Battlefield Blog says an update for the PlayStation 3 edition of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is undergoing approval at Sony, and they are hopeful this will go live today, also saying they are keeping an eye on Windows and Xbox 360 servers to make sure they keep running. There is also a note on the Bad Company 2 Forums for PC users about PunkBuster issues:

Punkbuster Failed to INIT error

If you see this error and you know who the server admins are then ask them to restart their server. The message is caused by an error on the server side with PB and a restart will clear up the problem.

If you do not know the admin of the server then please find another server to play on.

We are working with Evenbalance to find the cause of this INIT failure and will hopefully get a solution soon.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->