For Anyone Interested

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

This is really helpful chief... I was a big fan of Unreal Tournament, drop out of the scene for a while for surgery, got back online and saw people were playing UT 2003... so I bought it... I played it once and still have the disk on my desktop here as a reminder to not buy games on a whim... UT 2003 was a real waste of money...

Possibly the most expensive cup mat in the house that... :(
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Sounds like you are playing the Rush game mode Eagle.

Can anybody remember the fun we had when GSV played as a squad in BF2?

I'm hoping to resurrect those days as I'm not getting any younger and my hand eye coordination is probably not as sharp as it was in my UT days.

<a href="http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7051 ... game/News/" target="_blank">Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – New tech info about the DX11 game</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->PCGH: Developing for Console (and PC) usually requires an engine that is strongly multithreaded. What different calculations can be or are split up into different threads/worker jobs and what is the expected performance gain resulting from two respectively four (or more) cores? You are using DX11-Multithreading to lighten the load on the CPU?

Anders Gyllenberg: Most of the CPU processing is parallelized – culling, rendering, physics, audio, animations, collision etc. Performance increases noticeably with a quad core. We are currently not using DX11-multithreading.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->PCGH: Do you have an explanation why games fully utilizing 64 bit architecture are so rare? If Crysis 2 is 64 bit ready, what benefit players can expect? If no, what where the reasons to make the game 32 Bit only?

Anders Gyllenberg: The main reason to go 64-bit is if the application needs to access more than 2GB of memory at the same time. Bad Company needs a bit more than 1GB of memory for the game itself, and therefore would not benefit from 64-bit.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Last edited by Hammer on Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

It is Rush mode yes.

One server I went on was on Hardcore mode (no there wasnt any naked women running about) so there was no radar and most of the time no crosshair either.

Hopefully the full version with the extra maps will have conquest mode which we're more used to
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: Sounds like you are playing the Rush game mode Eagle.

Can anybody remember the fun we had when GSV played as a squad in BF2?

I'm hoping to resurrect those days as I'm not getting any younger and my hand eye coordination is probably not as sharp as it was in my UT days.
Those days were tense cos many of our machines, mine especially, were below par and BF2's bugs at the time were very much above par.

But, I much preferred the days of BFV, we didn't do too well in the clan matches - but that game had enormous atmosphere and character. I hope they have gone back to that BFBC2 - I don't want clnical, I want character.

...oh... is there a commander?... I like bossing too... :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

Ordered :2t:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Stocky wrote: Ordered :2t:
Spot on mate. That's 3 of the clan in then :gsv:
Geist
Advanced Member

Post by Geist »

+4

I have it as well and know a fair few lads getting it.
- Geist - Cantankerous -
- GSV - Hexus - I'm Going In - MarlinsUK - TNGC -
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Geist wrote: +4

I have it as well and know a fair few lads getting it.
Nice one.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

I've stuck in an order and hoping to have my pc back up and running next week once my part arrives so should be about for a few games :)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Sod it, I am going to have to get a copy now. Clan nights ahead, good job I got 2 cases of stella in the porch. :gsv:
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Confirmation email this morning that my copy has shipped :)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Eagle wrote: Confirmation email this morning that my copy has shipped :)
Same here. It may arrive today. I'll probably miss the postman as I'll be in bed. On nights this week.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

It's arrived :2t: Installed and downloading updates, maxing out my internet connection which is good.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Can't get online to play. Don't know if this is because of the release date. The scroll bar along the bottom of the screen says that some people are getting disconnected from servers and that ea are working on a fix. Tip unistall BFBC2 Beta if you have it (which I don't) and do a manual download of Punkbuster (which I've done) but still no joy.
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Havent got mine yet but I do think that you wont be able to play til release day.

And as for punkbuster, dont get me started