Windows 7 & Games

PC & Console gaming
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Anyone experienced any issues with gaming on W7 yet? I've only got it on my laptop at the moment and not on my main rig. Personally, I'll be experimenting slowly via a dual boot of XP & W7. But, I've heard some have had problems with Punkbuster and W7, but that could just be old news relating to beta releases...
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Not had any problems but don't think i've played any punkbuster games.
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I'm currently playing Counter-Strike Source on Win 7 64 bit and its fine.

I've also played Need For Speed Shift with no problems.

Punkbuster was an issue during the beta stages of Win 7 as they are a bunch of fairies and wouldn't support a beta OS.

And being as punkbuster doesnt seem to stop people cheating anyway its not really worth it but some games have to have it installed or they wont run. (like BF2)

I havent seen any update on the punkbuster site to say that its now compatible with win 7 but their website is a bit basic tbh and not really updated very often so it seems.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Played all the GTA games, Elder Scroll games, Dragon Age : Orgins and Op Flash Point : Dragon Rising all fine !
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Well, upgraded my mobo and XP isn't getting on with it at all. I'm not disappointed with XP as I'm one of those who like to fix it rather than reinstall it... which means that XP on my main rig has seen at least 4 or 5 mobo's. But it's hour has come, apparently.

There are still stories of <a href="http://support.electronicarts.co.uk/cgi ... _topview=1" target="_blank">W7 not handling BF2</a> too well, but there are ways around that too. I'll just build a monster games rig and keep this baby for my research, work, etc.

Thanks guys, you're good. :gsv:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Playing COD4 fine on Win7. Punkbuster not an issue. Just fired TF2 back on but it's mayhem aint played it in a while. Both run fine on Win 7.

Go for it.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

TF2? Was that a typo for BF2, or are you talking about Teamfortress 2?

XP's gotta come off my machine now anyway I suppose. I've dropped a partition image onto another drive so it won't take long to put it back if absolutely necessary... it's just such a bind reinstalling everything. :(
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Claw wrote: TF2? Was that a typo for BF2, or are you talking about Teamfortress 2?

No, not a typo, he definately meant Team Fortress 2.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Well, W7 loves my system, I'll let you know tomorrow what it thinks of BF2, as none appear to have tried it yet... :)