Any Deerhunter Fans Left?

PC & Console gaming
doofer

Post by doofer »

Hey guys, long time no see :blink:

I thought some of you that liked the old DeerHunter may like to try this little time-waster I found a while back, it's FREE to play (If slightly limited on the FREE version) but it gives you a great idea of whether you'd like it or not..The graphics are pretty stunning for a free game tbh.

<a href="http://www.thehunter.com" target="_blank">http://www.thehunter.com</a>

Suck it and see...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Blimey m8, hello

Where've you been?
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Crikey, Doofer blasting from the past. What in the world have you been up to Doofs?
doofer

Post by doofer »

I went out for a bag of crisps one day and when I got back I started eating them and while I was eating and browsing about (As you do..) I saw a FREE Trial for a MMORPG... I can't even remember what year that was any more, anyway, 3 or 4 MMO's later I finally saw sense, and here I am back to warn everyone never to eat Smoky Bacon crisps whilst online. :P
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Hi Doofer, I have tried thehunter, however i've only successfully shot one thing in the hours ive tried

I am just getting into Aion, reminds me so much of DAOC without the boring grind of WoW
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Ooof lo
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Madman045 wrote: without the boring grind of WoW
like the sound of that...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I love the tracking element of these hunting games, but out of personal choice I'm not so big on shooting animals for sport.

Maybe I should play it out by just taking screenies of what I track and come across - a bit of a Timothy Treadwell kinda thing... or maybe not... :blink:

Perhaps I could be an animal liberator type guy and run about the hills doing liberating kinda things... maybe these smokey bacon crisps might help me decide... :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
doofer

Post by doofer »

My old guildies from LOTRO/AoC/WAR are all playing Aion, but I'm resisting it quite solidly, I'd be surprised if it's like DAoC, doesn't look anything like DAoC to me, DAoC was my all-time favourite MMO TBH, WoW just doesn't appeal to me at all for some reason, never played it, never will.

And the best tip I can give for The Hunter is to just run around until you hear a grunt, as soon as you get a grunt then you need to walk around very slowly and use the Huntermate and calls, you'll find the Deer will walk right up to you, ignore the droppings/tracks completely they'll just send you on a wild goose chase usually :D

And we all know what happened to Mr. Treadwell....
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

doofer wrote: My old guildies from LOTRO/AoC/WAR are all playing Aion, but I'm resisting it quite solidly, I'd be surprised if it's like DAoC, doesn't look anything like DAoC to me, DAoC was my all-time favourite MMO TBH, WoW just doesn't appeal to me at all for some reason, never played it, never will.

And the best tip I can give for The Hunter is to just run around until you hear a grunt, as soon as you get a grunt then you need to walk around very slowly and use the Huntermate and calls, you'll find the Deer will walk right up to you, ignore the droppings/tracks completely they'll just send you on a wild goose chase usually :D

And we all know what happened to Mr. Treadwell....
Well instead of playing Aion, a very old DAOC friend of mine has convinced me to try DDO which is now free to play on the US servers, latency is ok at 100 and i've just rolled a Cleric and he has a fighter/rogue

We are on Cannith if your interested Doofer
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>