My New Little Landy ;)

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Thought I ought to post a couple of pics of my new little mota :D

Had to put it in front of getting an RX7 as it'd have got lost in one of the potholes in my drive ;)

V5 said it was a 9 seater but it came with 10 so I have subsequently ripped out the front centre seat as it's not a lot of use to me. The extra locakable storage is much more handy as there is a lack of places to put stuff.

[attachmentid=211][attachmentid=212]
[attachmentid=213][attachmentid=214]
Last edited by Myocardial Infarction on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Tidy little tank you got there Myo, so when you going offroad in it then??
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Stick these co-ords in google and you'll find my house m8e ;)

51.917386,-0.988069

Every second weekend when I go shooting :)
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

cool, I like shooting, all be it only done it a few times

Tempted to join a local club (ran by my best m8's, girlfriends dad)

However I dont have a shotgun or licence so I would need to borrow one.
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Plenty of land there for offroading...

I'm not allowed guns :D
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Madman045 wrote: cool, I like shooting, all be it only done it a few times

Tempted to join a local club (ran by my best m8's, girlfriends dad)

However I dont have a shotgun or licence so I would need to borrow one.
If it's run by a friend then I'd get along and ask if you could borrow one, if you've been a few times then you'll pick up the basics of gun safety such as treat every one as loaded at all times and then apply for a licence. As long as you can provide reason such as clay shooting then you shouldn't have too much trouble getting a shotgun licence.

They're only a lot more hot on firearms licences tbh.

Worth giving it a go m8e.

Only thing you'll need for a shotgun is somewhere you can bolt a suitable security cabinet ;) Woth talking to the local Firearms officer to see what they need as each area is different.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Wow, nice Landy Myo. :th:

The missus wants us to get one of these, and with the amount of rough camping we're going to be doing more of it would certainly be a bonus. I love Scotland, especially the Isle of Lewis/Harris.

Madman... as for advice regarding getting a shotgun... be careful how you explain your online nick and the fact that you like playing war games. :P
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

It was a toss up between seven vehicles for me. Looked at

1. Range Rover L322 (new shape) but heard to many horror stories about bits going wrong and being bloomin expensive to sort out;

2. Discovery 3 but again to much to go wrong (and older disco's I didn't like the body roll as it made me feel sick);

3. Mitsubishi L200 Animal Double cab pickup, could have picked up a really new one of these, but I just couldn't see the double cab working for me as I want to be able to lug stuff in the back like wood and furniture and the split caused by the cab and the flat bed just meant it wouldn't work.

4. Toyota Hilux but again same problem as the Mitsi

5. Defender 110 Double Cab, same as above

6. Toyota Landcruiser, everyone was telling me to buy Jap or German and this was the only real contender for me but at the price range I just didn't like the new shaped model Colorado 3.0L and the 4.2L Amazon just sounded expensive like the Range Rover.

In the end I settled on getting a Landrover Defender 110 Station Wagon / County Station Wagon and took me ages to find one that had less than 70k miles at the right price until I found the one above with 60K on the clock.

I intend to get a roof rack and roof tent at some stage for some touring round Europe and maybe north Africa. No intention of selling in the next ten years so will just keep it running and that's pretty easy as it's just a big mechano set.
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

MYO
before you drive this on the road I would advise new No Plates as these are illegal. Letters and Numbers have the be cearly visable :whis:
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

We use loads of L200's at work, both single cabs and crew cabs and extended single cabs, everyone moans about them and rightly so they suck to be fair, these are the '4Work' variety and the only luxury is a/c and a cd player. they are shocking at speed, even worse with off road tyres, and not that clever off road either. the interior is acceptable though, for a work van. the biggest issue is loading and unloading is a health and safety nightmare
the LWB landys seemed to be well liked, if a little cramped.... arm out window sound familiar ? :)
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

andrew wrote: We use loads of L200's at work, both single cabs and crew cabs and extended single cabs, everyone moans about them and rightly so they suck to be fair, these are the '4Work' variety and the only luxury is a/c and a cd player. they are shocking at speed, even worse with off road tyres, and not that clever off road either. the interior is acceptable though, for a work van. the biggest issue is loading and unloading is a health and safety nightmare
the LWB landys seemed to be well liked, if a little cramped.... arm out window sound familiar ? :)
Hmmm yes it gets rather wet at times ;)

Need to change the steering wheel to something a little smaller than the wagon wheel they fit as standard, got one on order though
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Nice one Myo. So many peeps I know are getting Landys at the moment. Wait until the leaves have dropped for good off-road fun :)

I have always hankered after a Landcruiser...perhaps when I'm old and past it like you Myo ;)
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Megazoneis1 wrote: before you drive this on the road I would advise new No Plates as these are illegal. Letters and Numbers have the be cearly visable :whis:
:boff:

I liked the Landcruiser Amazon Clingy but just didn't want a 4.2L car. If I didn't need to use the vehicle for shooting etc I'd have probably bought a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, insurance was also a problem as couldn't get one onto the motor traders policy as private and personal car so would have to have taken out a second policy.

If I get offered a Company car, which I might next year I'll probably take the allowance and buy the mitsi or a nice Mazda RX7 ;)
M60 Ho
Advanced Member

Post by M60 Ho »

Trig wrote: Plenty of land there for offroading...

I'm not allowed guns :D
trig's only allowed to play with sponge :)

gus

AKA i'll Smash Ur Head In U M60 HO
AKA ThreadKiller
AKA bb gus cya gus nn gus kissmearse gus upurs gus
AKA Numpty
AKA HOHO