Windows 7 Still Slow

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Tests of the Windows 7 Release Candidate in a PC World Test Center found that while Windows 7 was slightly faster on our WorldBench 6 suite, the differences may be barely noticeable to users. The PCs tested were slightly faster when running Windows 7, but in no case was the overall improvement greater than 5 percent, considered to be a threshold for when an actual performance change is noticeable to the average user. One of the major complaints about Windows Vista was the fact that it was consistently slower than Windows XP. If Windows 7 can't significantly improve that situation, what chance does it have to convince people to move away from Windows XP?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I have it running on one of my machines and it runs just fine and is no where near as bad as Vista for nagging.

It seems fast enough and also managed to get all drivers installed for existing hardware.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

I have Windows 7 running on one my boxes and it seems alot faster than server 2008 but I can't say that it any faster than my other box with Vista.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I don't have it at all and I'm not experiencing any problems whatsoever... :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

Can somebody tell me, when the beta is complete & the retail version goes live, do you have to reinstall & start from scratch or is it just a case of purchasing (cough) & validating the beta?
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Start from scratch.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Stocky wrote: Can somebody tell me, when the beta is complete & the retail version goes live, do you have to reinstall & start from scratch or is it just a case of purchasing (cough) & validating the beta?
Stocky the Beta has finished now (as its now at RC stage) but as said, you will need to install from scratch when the retail product is launched
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Got Windows 7 RC running on my wee acer one (1.6 Atom, 1 GB Ram blah blah) and it is smooth, alot smoother than VISTA was on it.
Rasputin

ImageImage