Erm... Adsl?

PC & Console gaming
shat_kat
Advanced Member

Post by shat_kat »

ive just cancelled my virgin adsl account for my flat in preston, the area doesn't have cable coverage. Im basically looking for a decent provider that would actually enable me to play online before 3am? Or am i screwed until the put cable in the area?
cheers lads
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

some work :)
shat_kat
Advanced Member

Post by shat_kat »

lol cheers thane =p ive gone with BE, they have a very good record with adsl.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

I'd say that from other peoples recommendations they are about the best atm for adsl. Nelly uses them and he's had nothing but good to say about them.

I wish I lived near an exchange that they supplied but unfortunately I prefer living miles from civilisation ;)
shat_kat
Advanced Member

Post by shat_kat »

Myocardial Infarction wrote: I'd say that from other peoples recommendations they are about the best atm for adsl. Nelly uses them and he's had nothing but good to say about them.

I wish I lived near an exchange that they supplied but unfortunately I prefer living miles from civilisation ;)
Yea i was lookin around the overclockers forum and they suggested BE as a lot of people are migrating from Ukonline... turns out virgin for adsl is a very big mistake. Havent heard from you for ages myo, hows things goin?
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Not bad thanks m8e, just busy avoiding work as usual :P Got to keep myself looking active for my new boss hehe
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Avoid sky like the fat chicks at school, they may seem tempting if you're desperate, but ultimately you'll be unhappy with the product.

Top tips provided free of charge :)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I have found that BE seemed to be throttling my torrents while using XP over the last few months, only during peak times though so I dont mind. Now I have moved over to Vista 64 in the last 2 weeks my torrents have not been throttled at all. Weird eh? I wonder if it is OS specific, the ability to throttle torrent uploads?

Any ideas?

BE have been a top provider.

Nellz
CocoPops
Advanced Member

Post by CocoPops »

See, I've not had any issues with Sky.

No throttling, perfect for torrents :)
Been with them for 18months now, not had a single outage I can recall.
I'm backkkk!!!!
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Im with BE also, i have been getting speeds of up to 1.2mb/s down and 120kb/s up, but lately its been a lot less, just waiting for support to fix it
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Coco, I found them poor at best, same story with lots of other people round here who are with sky, its a shame really.