Usa Motogp, Laguna Seca

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

I'm sure you were all watching it, but just in case you missed it, here is some highlights, you missed a blinder!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCJt9k-T ... 1&uan=5174" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCJt9k-T ... an=5174</a>
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I was on the edge of me chair, makes F1 look boring as hell.

N :gsv:
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Me too! shame it's not always like this.

Stoner really is a little tw@ isn't he, moaning like a little girl that rossi was fighting too hard for the lead.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I loved it when he fell off in the gravel at 1mph :lol: . What a t0sser to bitch like that at the end.
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Rossi is my hero....what a guy, what a rider. Just love watching him duelling with someone.

To be honest I think the Media were trying to make a story out of nothing. Sure Stoner was angry and clearly he aint too gracious in defeat. But he was beat fair and square by a more talented rider on a slower machine....and he knows it!

:bk:
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

A great race and good to see Casey giving as good as he got until his mistake at the last corner , Would have been nice to see if he could have gotten past Rossi for the win or whether Rossi would have pushed him into the gravel as he did to Sete Gibernau a few years back .
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

You sound like a stoner fan?
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Hippy wrote: You sound like a stoner fan?
I love motorcycle racing , On the couch all day Sunday what with Eurosports Superbike Sunday (World and British Superbike races) , The Doctor , Tornado and the Kentucky kid on ESPN classic (2005 US gp documentary) and Motogp in the evening :D I personally think Stoner gets the rough end of the stick , When he wins it's because he's on the best bike and if he loses he must be useless because he's on the best bike :rolleyes: The guy can ride and is up their with the best of them imo yet people seem to spend more time giving him a hard time .
There,s also the fact that I tend to find Rossi fans a little partisan at times , yes he's a brilliant rider but my point about Sundays race was that Stoner wasn't intimidated by Rossi and if he hadn't dropped the bike that could have been the defining race of the season . Have to agree that Stoner did himself no favours whinging though .
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

How many others could fall off, pick it up and still finish second?
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

I was reminded of the Gibenau series of incidents....basically Gib ratted on Rossi and then it was only a matter of time until Rossi hounded him out of the sport. And I have to disagree with you Screwy, I think Stoner was intimidated into making that mistake, but yes I am partisan for sure.
Last edited by Clingy on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Good rider or not (and he is, a bloody good one), he's still a moaning little git!

You only have to compare him to melandri on the same bike to realise how good he is, or how difficult the bike is to ride fast. Melandri is a good rider!

The strange thing is, why didn't he moan about the obvious? i'm sure rossi held the brakes on a bit longer than necessary and sent stoner off, but apparently that was all fine, he admitted it was his own fault.

Australians are odd.