First Long Bike Trip - Luxembourg

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

favourite Topgear moment was the ring in a transit......
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Was that the one where Jezza took the Jag and the geerman bird whooped him in the tranny ? ( .... /waits for Hippy to view this now he's been mentioned ;)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

@Turtle: Nah using car, i've even bought a second car for the occassion as stacking my main / commuter wouldn't be good ;)

I'm going with lads that have been before, and we are meeting some friends out there who are riding and have done it more times than i've had hot dinners (nice gixxer thou, a tuono which is insanely dangerous, busa, blah blah some other jap rockets). The car group should be good fun, ferry from hull (ohhh dear...) and we've got mr f0x in his new almera gti, me in the focus ST, a S2 lotus exige, VX 220 turbo, S1 elise (long list of stuff done it to make it go like the exige), and last but not least a chavvy scoobaru.... hehe its not that bad just had to have a dig :P

I'm looking forward to it, and according to m8's i'm going to get hooked, got a camera mount for the car but apparently they are banned.....hmmm will see what I can do ;)
Apparently the biggest worry is hitting the armco or getting dragged off after an accident, the costs are supposedly astronomical and its charged for every feet of damaged barrier. Anyway keep thinking positive :)

Sorry to de rail the thread Clingy, back on topic :)
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

de Rail away m8 ;)

Bob - I love the look of the new Bandit 1250GT. £4000 cheaper than mine and fully kitted out. Test road a semi naked Bandit 1250 and thought the engine was a smooth as silk.

Careful at the ring andrew. Guy at work who is a regular visitor was telling me all about the Brits and their accidents...when he last went a couple of weeks ago and some numbskull in an M3 turned off his traction control (against the advice of the staff) and promptly totalled it on the FIRST corner :rolleyes: .

Turt - next trip to the Lakes in September with the missis and some friends. Might try and get down to Plymouth in August. Next year looks like being Scotland or Normandy. At least if it's the latter I might have a fighting chance of understanding the locals ;).
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Aye, I will, I just want to get home in one piece, and to avoid tears i've bought a second car so no probs there.

Bought a european AA map today, mr f0x has mapped our route out already! Can't wait, i'll take some pics and post them up here :)
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Got confused with the duke models, i was thinking of the monster S4R. Lush