Restricted/unrestricted Insurance Costs

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Cheers guys!

I'm looking at anything from 400 FZR's up to 650 hornets, speed fours etc. Nothing really over 650cc and nothing too new. My only stipulation is that it's a naked sport/tourer, SV650's are one of my fav's but i only like the newer model which seems to go for around £2300, just a bit out of my price range, i also like bandits, hornets, monsters, er6's, er5's. . . . i'm really not fussy, i just don't want something too old and tatty.
0% finance is an option but i'd be looking at about £4500 for something like the sv650, and i don't really like the idea of losing a grand on it as soon as you wheel it out, plus i'm not keen on getting myself in debt having worked hard to remain out of it in the first place. £1500 or so 'should' be plenty for a relatively decent bike.

Classic insurance policies are a definite option, it makes my car costs signifacantly lower, so should be good for a bike too. Unfortunately, most policies are on a limited mileage thing. We'll see.
I'll be booking my theory test this week, as soon as that's done, i'll book the DAS :)
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Keep us up todate bud ;) and good luck with the searching..