Age Of Conan

General Gaming News
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Is anyone looking at migrating across from WoW to <a href="http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/con ... tures_game" target="_blank">Age of Conan</a> ?

It looks and sounds like an improved WoW and it's also 18+ .. which wont inhibit all the idiots... but will certainly help.

If you pre-order before the 20th May then there's a free mount included..

Cheapest I've found so far is Game.com with promo code ' NEWPLAY08 ' it works out at £22.99
Last edited by Turts on Sun May 18, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I would love to get into one of these games, but its purely down to the subscription that I don't. I would be a relatively casual player - which would be a waste of money in a subscription arrangement. :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Geist
Advanced Member

Post by Geist »

I've watched this as there is 30+ from my wow server.

Managed to get a beta key and the 30gb+ stuff downloaded but it wouldn't run properly (or at all really).

More people I've talked to say they like it than don't but who knows if that is down to it being new.

With WAR being delayed even further I think this will go well IF they get the player cities etc... up properly.
- Geist - Cantankerous -
- GSV - Hexus - I'm Going In - MarlinsUK - TNGC -
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

I'll be giving it a go, not really into riding Rhino's tho :)

Ranger looks good.
Last edited by Thane on Mon May 19, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

So no one's getting AoC?

For note the cheapest game time might be ards from Play.com at £17.99 for 60 days.
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Have pre-ordered Thaney... but dont hold much hope out of seeing it delivered until next week.. Spoke to the guy at Play.com and last saturday they had 8000 purchases !

WIll shout you when I get hold of it.. will be playing with my old friend from Greece (WoW partner) .. you're welcome to join bud
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Mine came today, installing now!!! Would love to join you when raping and pillaging the locals!
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Still installing...
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

In the middle of patching at the moment, on the second one which is 632mb!
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Eeeek, takes forever Thaney !! I finally managed to get in yesterday mid afternoon, but wasn't able to stay long.. Can't get online this eve, but will def be online tomoro after 1930hrs.. Server Crom.. players named.. Jehane, Merlyn & Sopholus... may even get a turts going :)

The graphics look far better than wow, but the minimap looks and feels extremely cluttered.. will have a look in options to see if the amount of info can be rationalised.
Hunter is by far the easiest to level so far.. whether that will be true in another 10 levels time we'll have to see :)

Looking forward to seeing you in there bud
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Got two over lvl 10 chars but on other servers, ****** will have to start all over :P
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

"Crom" server is the one of choice if anyone is going to try it. Myself and Turt have chars on it.